• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

After spey behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs ord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bella was speyed last Tuesday and she's still very quiet. She has spells of being lively and dashes about for a bit but is spending more time just sat in the hay basket not seeming to be doing much at all. I understand her opperation was very invasive and she's probably still a little battered but is this normal? I'm quite worried about her.

Thanks in advance x>>

No I adopted Jake and me managed to get through the diveder in their run and mount her. She is older so rather than risk pregnancy and possible
c-section I chose an emergency spey for her. Also she met Jake through the bars and had a one off intimate moment with him. They were not exectly close but she had no objections to him either. He didn't get through the operation. Could she be missing him?

Last edited:
Can anyone help then? Like I said I am quite worried about her :...

That's quite a lot of trauma in such a short time.. sounds like you're going to have to give her extra special attention, and tempt her with her favourite treats. Maybe find her a new friend.. She is probably pining, and feeling different, times a healer x

She does have a cage mate Esme. They are side by side whilst Bella recovers though. I've had the girls for 2 and a half years. I adopted Jake from P@H. He was in the run with them every day (with a divider) for about two weeks before any of them went for ops. Would she miss him do you think?

Is she swollen or tender around the wound or on her tummy? Does she appear in pain when you handle her?

I have had several n. sows come into me, and they usually recover quite quickly but can be quite quiet for the first few days. She may still be in pain and discomfort, it is quite a major operation. Is she on any pain medication at all?

She also may be pining for her companion, so if she is stills separate from her I would try to get her back in with her companion asap. Having company helps for comfort and distraction. She may need a bit of TLC from her girlfriend

Hope she is ok.

I will do that when I get home. Her stitches look fine and the few occasions i've picked her up she's not complained (she usually headbuts me anyway rolleyes) Shes moving and jumping well, eating like a horse. She just seems a bit down. I think its mental rather then physical. Poor little girls she's gone through so much this last week.

Hey Layla how is Hugo today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back