• Saturday 8th August 8pm-10:30pm is the Forum Summer PRIDE virtual event! Everyone is welcome so please come along and join in the party!! More details HERE

Age Of Piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAZZIE

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
we lost our scruffpops a couple of weeks ago she was 9 yrs old is there a particular life span for cavies , mavis was only 5 when she passed away. i miss them both terribly ,,

Sara412

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
9 is a good age she was a real old lady, I hope mine have such a good life span, is so upsetting to loose them young

SHAZZIE

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
9 is a good age she was a real old lady, I hope mine have such a good life span, is so upsetting to loose them young
hiya when we lost her cagemate mavis i was devastated, but scruffs had the other two for company but i know she pined for mavis. and even though she ate well and plenty of it she was so skinny and i made her a jacket so she wouldnt be cold,, what happened ,, she chewed it to bits lol. scruffs was a character and their grave is in the place where they ate a lot in the garden. thank you xx

Sara412

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes they do pine, Brodie is still pining for Guiness even though he has another cage mate , We have a marked Grave as well, and I go and saying good morning every day to Guiness he too was a character they really leave a hole in your heart - I wish I had thought of the jacket theme for Guiness but no doubt he would have chewed it off as well !

Jerrybelly

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
9 is an amazing age! I lost my Benny at just 2 years old due to post-op complications. He was far too young :( My piggies are now 5 and 3 years old.

SHAZZIE

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes they do pine, Brodie is still pining for Guiness even though he has another cage mate , We have a marked Grave as well, and I go and saying good morning every day to Guiness he too was a character they really leave a hole in your heart - I wish I had thought of the jacket theme for Guiness but no doubt he would have chewed it off as well !
haha , oh yes its lovely to know there are other piggie people out there too ,who care,x

Status
Not open for further replies.