• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Air purifiers

piggles 7000

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these or can anyone recommend one? I'm looking for one for my piggy room which is 7ft x 10ft.I'm finding that dust from their hay travels round my little house!Also if anyone can recommend some hay which is really low n dust that would be great.
I'm not after an ionizer (sp?)
Thanks in advance

Was going to make a post about this also. I'm due to move with my partner and my gang to a new place. Problem is my partner has recently just developed asthma and she struggles so much with the hay now.. so much so she had a hospital visit last night for steroids and 3 nebulizers before being discharged. The heatings been on more lately which is a big factor. The girls will have their own room when we move so that will help massively, but I really do need to invest In something to remove alot of the dust from the air as i dont want them shut in the room. I know there's the dust free hay but my old girl crunchie isn't keen on it, she is picky with hay and went through a spat of dentals previously. At 7.5 years now, I need to give her what she likes! There's so many choices out there and struggling to figure out what to go for!

I use Dyson Pure Cool Link TP02 Air Purifier - Silver/White
My husband has asthma and we've had to use this.
This one has excellent reviews but struggling to find it for less than £500! Is it worth it? Rehoming my girls isn't an option so if this is worth it I would find the money!

It’s hard to say because we haven’t used anything else, but I do like the dyson quality. When we bought a cheap overseas make humidifier the air became so poor but the dyson recognised the quality and in auto mode blasted all the bad particulates out of the room. Lesson learnt. It has an app that you can check the air quality etc. Remote control with app or separate one.
I’m using in the guest room as I have a stinking cold and need the air fresh to help me sleep.
You could always try it and if it doesn’t work return it. John Lewis have a good returns policy if you check their website.

I struggle a lot with allergies and asthma. I have a Bonaire compact air purifier which was on offer when I bought it for £50. It works great for the pig room, which is a large double room. I’d probably need something more heavy duty for living room/open plan kitchen as it’s a big area. It’s quite quiet too, even on high setting.

I did a lot of research but most of it escapes me now - I looked for air purifiers which let you turn off the ioniser as I understand these emits negative ions which attract dust so they are better at dust removal BUT these can be extra agitating for people with asthma and I believe they emit ozone which is harmful for small animals. I don’t know how bad or harmful it is but I figured I had to buy one on which I could turn this option off.

Hope this is helpful.

Did anyone else read the title of this thread and think air purifiers! Ross’ air purifiers! XD (Friends reference lol).

Back