• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Albie, Lottie & Maddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Previously known as Max, Darcy & Olive.
I decided to pick these 3 piggies up yesterday as i didn't wish to wait until mid-november, which would've been the earliest i could've gone due to mine & Mandy's previous commitments.

They are all on the thin side; Albie weighs 2lbs, Lottie, 1lb 7oz & Maddie 1lb 13oz but i am sure they'll put on weight in no time as Ruben & Rye were also on the thin side & they're steadily gaining 1-2oz a week.

Here's a few piccies.

My Jamie Oliver impression -
FeedingTime.jpg

I take their bowls out on a tray & can only imagine what the neighbours think especially when i go out with an array of multi-coloured water bottles shouting "cocktails everyone" ;D

Albie dives in
Albiefeeding15.jpg

Lottie with a piece of carrot
Lottiefeeding15.jpg

And Maddie with her prized catch
Maddiefeeding15.jpg

Niki :)

Mary said:
Can I come round for Tea!

;D ;D Mary

Does anyone think i give them too much?
They're bowls are usually empty the day after, apart from a bit of carrot in the H's bowls (their fave is tomato)

Aww :) They all look so happy! Bet you didn't see all that food for long! LOL

Niki said:
Mary said:
Can I come round for Tea!

;D ;D Mary

Does anyone think i give them too much?
They're bowls are usually empty the day after, apart from a bit of carrot in the H's bowls (their fave is tomato)

Empty the day after? I give roughly the same amount to mine and mine are usually empty with about 10 mins ;D

Lovely pictures - look like they are settling in really well.

I split my veggies and give them some for breakfast and some for tea - bowls are usually empty within about 20 minutes!

Aaww they are gorgeous and boy aren't they spoilt, lol. I should things like that too when feeding, my neighbours must think I am mad too!
I dont' think it looks to much at all, it looks lovley, I could dive in there myself! ;D

kayjay said:
Beaney said:

I split my veggies and give them some for breakfast and some for tea - bowls are usually empty within about 20 minutes!
Empty the day after? I give roughly the same amount to mine and mine are usually empty with about 10 mins ;D

You have pigsters with v.healthy appetites! :D

Starflick said:
Aaww they are gorgeous and boy aren't they spoilt, lol. I should things like that too when feeding, my neighbours must think I am mad too!
I dont' think it looks to much at all, it looks lovley, I could dive in there myself! ;D

;D ;D Thanks Starflick

Niki said:
kayjay said:
Beaney said:

You have pigsters with v.healthy appetites! :D

I know, I don't know where they put it, H&H are so little still but get through a huge amount of veg, hay and food. I put a big pile of hay and readigrass in and it's gone a few hours later ;D

Aw, the little angels.

How are they today?

I see from you having weighed Albie that he's at the bottom end of acceptable :(. TBH I actually thought he was a bit podgy, but then I havent seen too many adult pigs to compare him too.

Thanks for giving them a great home Niki xx :)

maxthepig said:
Aw, the little angels.

How are they today?

I see from you having weighed Albie that he's at the bottom end of acceptable :(. TBH I actually thought he was a bit podgy, but then I havent seen too many adult pigs to compare him too.

Thanks for giving them a great home Niki xx :)

Hi Mandy
They're fine & were talking happily earlier today - i think they'll be even happier when they move into the 10ft hutch :)

Albie will put weight on i'm sure, Huxley's weight fluctuates betwee 2lb 5oz & 2lb 6oz so he's not much heavier but he eats!

It's the girls i'm not sure about, weight-wise i mean. They feel on the slim side to me, does anyone know what the acceptable weight range for adult sows is?

THANK YOU Mandy for letting me have them, i love them already ;D

Looking at all that food, I would say that they weight will go up in no time at all. :)
Carol c

Aww, thats cute. I love playing piggy chef too, its fun. =) Now I want to go make a treat for Bimbi.

aw they look fab ! n love there food they wont be skinny for long bless.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back