• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Alex's Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
DSC00129.jpg

This is Pinkie and Perkie who I found in a hedge while out for a walk a few months ago. We were warking along and my husband said
"there are two guinea pigs in that hedge!" and there were! Could sea two noses poking out. We were in the middle of nowhere, they had obviously been abandoned! So we set about catching them. not an easy job. I then had to walk two miles back to the car with two squeaking pigs clutched to my chest! If anyone saw me they would have thought i was some mad women taking her pigs for a walk.

Aww what a lovely story... you rescued these poor piggys. Fancy someone setting them free! They are beautiful piggys red and white abby crosses... both stunning. Are they boys or girls?

Yes i love them to bits if we hadn't gone for that walk that day goodness know what would have happened to them.Fate.They are two girls and when we took them to a local rescue centre for her to check over for us we found out they were both pregnant! Pinkie had a little boy and then Perkie had two more boys and a girl! I have never had pigs before but am well and truly addicted now :)
DSC00213.jpg

aww definatly fate that you found them and have given them a lovely home :)

They are gorgeous ;)

xx

Caesar looks just like Perkie if it's the piggie I think it is :D
There all lovely :)

Hi yes Caesar looked like his mum when he was little. His fur is much longer now (will get some up to date pictures on later today) He was the weakest of the three when he was born but soon got strong. It is amazing how different their characters are Caesar is quite laid back.

Some updated pictures:
DSC00250.jpg

this is Tibus who is 4 months (brown and white) Pinkies baby and Brutus 3 month (back and white) who is one of Perkies boys

DSC00255.jpg

Tibus likes being tickled under the chin :)

DSC00249.jpg

Caesar is 3 months old and one of Perkies babies. He has a lovely long coat i brush it flat but it does stay like that for long

DSC00259.jpg

these are the boys having some out door time

Thanks my husband says he shouldn't have had such sharp eye that day but he's only joking. ::) After many years of being a rabbit and hamster person i am now definitely a guinea pig fan :)

DSC00253.jpg

Your piggies are adorable,
congrats on rescuing them, the babes are so cute I love Caesar definately to cute for words
I have a Pinky and Perky too, mine are Himmi boars (brothers) now 6 yrs

karen

Hi Karen had a look at some previous pictures you posted are there any of your Pinky and Perky? Couldn't see any.

It is wet here today so have brought the boys in for some in door play.
DSC00262.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

They love the tube that i have suspended in their cage and run and hid in it.
DSC00274.jpg

The tube is from the inside of a carpetI liberated it from a skip. They wanted loads of money for a small bit in pet shop!
DSC00276.jpg

Lovely pigs Alex, well done for spotting them.... I can never understand people who leave animals in the woods etc... >:(

Hi Beks
It was my sharp eyed husband who spotted them and then said in a 'why am i even asking voice' " i suppose you want me to get them?" Of course i did! couldn't leave them there could we.

Hubby wouldn't pick them up in case they bit him, hes not as confident with animals as me and in the past when i had rabbits they did bite him. So he chased them out of the hedge and i caught them. Not an easy job as they can really move when they want to.

Hubby now jokes that he wishes he didn't have such good eye sight as now pigs get all the attention :)

Wow Alex, all your piggies aer gorgeous, aren't you lucky you have a sharp eyed hubby! ;)

Alex said:
Hi Karen had a look at some previous pictures you posted are there any of your Pinky and Perky? Couldn't see any.

Not sure but will takes some in the next few days and post for you too see

karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back