Alfalfa King Oat Wheat & Barley Hay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I wouldn't feed it daily especially if you feed pellet food as it can make the diet too rich & can cause gassy tums. I feed a small amount a couple of times a week. I think Burns green oat is good too but again only a small amount as a treat :)

I use the Burns Oat Hay a bit in with Meadow and Timothy Hay, only because it's said to have extra fat in it, same reason I believe Gigi uses it (apart from variety) for Amelia-Jane, and I use it for Frank.

Last edited:
It does say that it can be fed alongside timothy hay. I would probably mix a bit in with his normal hay every few days to be sure it's not too rich on his tummy :)

Hi, I wouldn't feed it daily especially if you feed pellet food as it can make the diet too rich & can cause gassy tums. I feed a small amount a couple of times a week. I think Burns green oat is good too but again only a small amount as a treat :)

I wondered if that was the case ! - they love it ! . I put in in the same spot each evening after spot cleaning and they queue up waiting for it. I'm not going to be popular for the next few days !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back