• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Alfalfa King Oat Wheat & Barley Hay

Status
Not open for further replies.

juls65

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I wouldn't feed it daily especially if you feed pellet food as it can make the diet too rich & can cause gassy tums. I feed a small amount a couple of times a week. I think Burns green oat is good too but again only a small amount as a treat :)

The Furry Godmother

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I use the Burns Oat Hay a bit in with Meadow and Timothy Hay, only because it's said to have extra fat in it, same reason I believe Gigi uses it (apart from variety) for Amelia-Jane, and I use it for Frank.

Last edited:

gus+walter

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It does say that it can be fed alongside timothy hay. I would probably mix a bit in with his normal hay every few days to be sure it's not too rich on his tummy :)

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Hi, I wouldn't feed it daily especially if you feed pellet food as it can make the diet too rich & can cause gassy tums. I feed a small amount a couple of times a week. I think Burns green oat is good too but again only a small amount as a treat :)

I wondered if that was the case ! - they love it ! . I put in in the same spot each evening after spot cleaning and they queue up waiting for it. I'm not going to be popular for the next few days !

Status
Not open for further replies.