• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

All Jigsaw Puzzlers out there post your puzzles!

I've treated myself to a new folding craft table. It's much more stable than the old camping table. I can make 500 piece puzzles without dragging the board out of the loft. I have decided I will stick to 500 pieces for the summer to make life easier with our lack of space.

IMG_1535.JPG

Having a dedicated space to do them makes a massive difference - far fewer chances for pieces to go missing for a start.

I'd that a Gibsons? And if so, is it new (or new-ish)? Their piece quality seems to have taken a nosedive recently, but I'm wondering if I've just been unlucky.

Yes it's Gibson's. Gibson's used to be one of my favourite for quality but I agree the newer ones are not so good. This one is an older one and second hand. I have found a charity shop that sells checked puzzles so hopefully no more getting it home to discover a missing piece. This one is part of a set of 4, I was pleased to find them for £5! I also got a box with 2 Christmas puzzles in for £1 as it was out of season. I shall probably keep those for my visit to Wales next Christmas.
I had to move a small cupboard into the kitchen to be able to keep the table up but it's definitely worth it not to feel pressured to get on and finish a puzzle so I can Pack everything away again.

As stupid as it probably sounds, I feel like the shift came from when they started using thicker pieces - and now I'll open a bad and some pieces are bent/folded and some are peeling before I've had a chance to grab them. Ravensburger also has a folding pieces problem but not as bad. Hooray for puzzle glue :td:

On the flip side, Clementoni's stuff is better than it used to be. I've really been enjoying their puzzles lately.

The Amsterdam Cafe puzzle with the missing pieces is a Gibsons puzzle. I didn't have a problem with the thicker pieces bending or peeling. I have reported the missing pieces to them and am awaiting a reply.

"Le magnifique Mont Saint-Michel", somewhat overshadowed by the missing piece

DSC_0056.JPG

Edit: so I brought it downstairs still intact because I keep doing this with Clementoni puzzles, a piece is missing and I find it right after I disassemble.

I just went to take out the recycling and I found the piece, on the floor, just inside the front door. I couldn't make it up, lol.

Last edited:
My OH has found a piece in the pile of newspapers we keep for piggy cages. He picked up a handful of papers to use in his workshop and the piece fell out. It looks like gingery coloured fur so must belong to the one I did with a puppy, cat, piggy etc. Goodness knows how it got there but I hope it's the only piece that missed the box or we could be some bits short never to be found. I will do the puzzle again soon to check it, not worth keeping it if it's not all there.

I'm forever dropping pieces but I'm usually aware I've dropped it. I might not be able to find it but I know it'll be in the room somewhere. This was worse than piece I lost from the foal puzzle that I found in the bathroom because I've probably walked that piece there last night when I was slightly under the influence lol. I apparently came close to walking it out of the house. :oops:

"Decades :1980s"

DSC_0058.JPG

"Abbey Road Foxes" - I couldn't enjoy this one at all. The pieces haven't been cut properly and because of this they're damaged far too easily. I have a couple of Gibsons still downstairs to be started but after this one, I'm avoiding acquiring more if I can.

DSC_0064.JPG

"Decades :1980s"

View attachment 247595

"Abbey Road Foxes" - I couldn't enjoy this one at all. The pieces haven't been cut properly and because of this they're damaged far too easily. I have a couple of Gibsons still downstairs to be started but after this one, I'm avoiding acquiring more if I can.

View attachment 247596

I haven't been quite happy with the Gibsons 'Mevagissey' jigsaw I bought last week. (I gave up with the sky bit (thankfully not very large) because it was a real pain with lots of them not separated properly, some pieces twisted as a result and taking ages and lots of taking apart to fit together - and I needed the space rather urgently for piggy bonding after running over a couple of days.

Hub was winding me up that I wouldn't be able to say that I had done it myself because he managed to fit one piece while I was out of the room... :D

I haven't been quite happy with the Gibsons 'Mevagissey' jigsaw I bought last week. (I gave up with the sky bit (thankfully not very large) because it was a real pain with lots of them not separated properly, some pieces twisted as a result and taking ages and lots of taking apart to fit together - and I needed the space rather urgently for piggy bonding after running over a couple of days.

Hub was winding me up that I wouldn't be able to say that I had done it myself because he managed to fit one piece while I was out of the room... :D

It's a shame about the fox one, it's a lovely puzzle.

It was and is and, knowing they never cut a jigsaw the same way twice another box might be good, but this one...somehow the pieces were separated but the very bottom layer or two were still attached to the female end of a piece. You had to put the female side down first and then the male or the fit was wrong, but to get the male piece out you'd be damaging a third piece in the process. Yet other pieces would fit around 3 others and only when you went to add a fourth piece was it clear it was the wrong one and that's 3 more damaged pieces - not to mention at least one piece needing glue to keep a flap of the image attached to the piece itself.

I ddon't expect pieces to stay pristine, but staying intact and untwisted would be nice. I'm glad I ignored my brain saying to toss it though, it's nice now it's done and glued.

Hmmm, reading these posts has made me realise that there is more to jigsaws than I thought. It never occurred to me that some types might be easier than others to handle - so, all you experts - please give me recommendations for a puzzle. I was interested in the pieces not fitting well etc comments because I do have arthritic hands - too much time outside with animals in the cold and wet no doubt!) and sight issues -can't blame the weather for that, it's inherited!
Sooo, ideas please = oh and just to make things harder, it has to be horses (with no people in the picture) or dogs (proper dogs not fluffy furbaby types!)
If anyone can find one that fulfils all that, I'll be amazed - but grateful!

I wouldn't know what make to recommend now, Gibson's were always my favourite until recently. I would definitely avoid a company called Corner Piece though, they are very poor quality pieces.

Back