• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

All Jigsaw Puzzlers out there post your puzzles!

I haven't been quite happy with the Gibsons 'Mevagissey' jigsaw I bought last week. (I gave up with the sky bit (thankfully not very large) because it was a real pain with lots of them not separated properly, some pieces twisted as a result and taking ages and lots of taking apart to fit together - and I needed the space rather urgently for piggy bonding after running over a couple of days.

Hub was winding me up that I wouldn't be able to say that I had done it myself because he managed to fit one piece while I was out of the room... :D
I always get my husband to put in the last piece so he can say he “helped”. He has zero patience with puzzles and I’m sure he’d cut them up to “fit” 🤣🤣

I wouldn't know what make to recommend now, Gibson's were always my favourite until recently. I would definitely avoid a company called Corner Piece though, they are very poor quality pieces.

Corner Piece pieces wreck themselves if you so much as look at them wrong, but my neighbour gave me 4 so I'll probably get them done eventually.

Clementoni, Falcon/Jumbo and Ravensburger have thick pieces and are usually reliable (nobody's perfect). Educa, Anatolian, The Happy Puzzle Company, Schmid and All Jigsaw Puzzles use thinner pieces but I've yet to have them give me problems either. Huadada use really thin pieces but I'm yet to have that cause me any problems and I've done several of theirs now.

...I may have done too many puzzles recently, lol.

@Bluebell - Image wise, something like this? Jumbo's pieces are usually pretty good quality wise, fit included.
Now although the horses have riders I really like that one because of the other animals, and I love Jays and Woodpeckers.
(Also wish I knew how people did that shortening links thing!)

Now although the horses have riders I really like that one because of the other animals, and I love Jays and Woodpeckers.
(Also wish I knew how people did that shortening links thing!)

You use this tool that I've managed to mark out really badly, lol

Screenshot_20240502-130115~2.png

Click it, add the url in the first box and the text you want in the second.

We’ve been away in Devon this last week. Rather than watching tv in the evenings I managed to complete this beast of a jigsaw. Purchased from @Merab's Slave at the Potteries Christmas Fair. What a head scratcher this one was. Mr A stepped in yesterday evening to help me complete it before we went out for dinner. I’ll happily pass it on to anyone with better eyesight than me. You really need a magnifying glass to see the print on the books!
IMG_8833.jpeg

No. 3 in the farm series. This one was harder especially the top edge. I wasn't the only one to have found it so! The pieces were rather mangled and hard to fit together where they had been put in the wrong places and taken apart again a few times!

IMG_1540.JPG

Still struggling to get clear pictures of these. Dragged the table to the middle of the room this time to get it away from the light from the window but it made no difference.

This one was fun to put together.

DSC_0082.JPG

Edit: so I couldn't make this up. Remember last time when I found the piece just inside the front door? Well this time I moved it downstairs incase I found it later, brought the new one up, lifted the felt trays to sort the pieces, and there's my missing map piece.

I checked those! I swear I checked those!

Edit 2: new image

Last edited:
Looks lovely

The whole thing was printed in a matte texture (which is why it photographs so well in artificial light), but their puzzles are always on the large size for a 500 piece. And they don't like being moved, lol.

"Waterlands"

DSC_0101.JPG

If anyone is interested, the ducks in the water are - Shelduck, Wigeon, Mandarin (male and female), Shoveler, Black Tufted Duck, Teal, and Garganay. Amongst the reeds and in the sky - Spoonbill, Bearded Reedling, Buzzard, Avocet, Flying Geese, Great Crested Grebe, and Grey Heron. According to the sheet insert, anyway!

Last edited:
This is the easiest of my new charity jigsaws; I really enjoyed it!

It's the kind of jigsaw I find ideal for mulling over things while keeping brain and hands active and chugging away, so I am highly likely going to do it again and again together with my Japanese ladies jigsaw while doing things like planning articles or approaches to diffult forum questions or just chilling out and being in the moment when it is too wet, hot or cold for a spot of weeding, etc. but I don't feel like undertaking a major several days project that needs my full attention.
This one I can do in one day in just a few hours; it gets faster the more I know which pieces go where. But it helps to keep my brain stimulated while I am allowing the back of my head to work though things; it kind of has the same comfort feel that you get from listening to a favourite track.

Jigsaws can have a lot more versatile uses than just doing them once. :)

PS: The pieces are nice and thick, so it is a good 'laying' jigsaw as well. (Falcon de luxe)

DSCN6421_0222_edited-1.jpg

Back