• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Allergy?

Gwen Lovett

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Are itching and sneezing signs of an allergy please? It's not excessive but I have noticed an increase. Any ideas on common allergies please?
Thank you, Gwen.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You need to rule out illnesses - such as skin conditions and respiratory infections - before considering allergies.
Have you taken your piggies to a vet to be checked out?

Marlee and Fluffy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pig also has this problem, though I have only heard her sneeze twice before. She also has crusty eyes and w
white discharge in her eye, and has a runny nose. Is this something I should worry about?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My guinea pig also has this problem, though I have only heard her sneeze twice before. She also has crusty eyes and w
white discharge in her eye, and has a runny nose. Is this something I should worry about?
You should have her checked by a vet

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Speaking of other symptoms, she does itch herself a lot, but I think this is normal (Please confirm)
Scratching a few times a day is fine but if It is excessive consistent scratching then it’s not normal and could be the sign of a skin problems such as mites

Reaction score
It is not so common for piggies t to have an allergy. I agree with taking her to the vet. Just to rule out any respiratory issue.