• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Alpaca guineas

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hairdi

Has anyone else got Alpaca guinea pigs ?

I have two boys called Mr Bumble ans Mr bee
://i87.pho[IMock]htbutGp
I got them from RSPCA and they were just called "Wooly Guineas" They came from a breeder who had over 300 of them ! I don`t think they new what grass was or open spaces and still after 2 1/2 years with me they spend alot of time in their houses.I give them a few hair cuts a year and when they are due for their cuts they look just like a sheep rug and you don`t know which end is which ! When they had their first hair cuts was the first time I had heard an angry guinea, but no matter how angry they got with me they have never bittern or tried to bite me ! Now they just grumble a bit ! Mr Bee enjoys good health, but Mr Bumble has had one thing after another wrong with him, but he just keeps bouncing back !

Sorry there should have been a photo, but it looks as if i have done something wrong !

I've got a texel X alpaca. He is lovely, but I have to keep trimming his fur. He hates being brushed or combed, but does'nt mind me giving him a short back and sides! :D

They sound lovely boys and so very lucky to have found a loving pet home. Poor little lads must have had a terrible start in life. It's shameful the way some people keep guinea pigs.

I love the long-hairs but think that breeders have gone to far with some of the breeds :(
in the right pet home, well groomed and trimmed they are fine, but I've had some come into rescue in an awful state.

Barbara

Photo of Mr Bumble and Mr Bee
IM000210.jpg

Aw! they look just gorgeous bundles of fluff. :)

Daaaaaaarn. o_________O My mcaffee blocked out your picture. >_< I'm sure theyre super cute though!

I've got quite a few in the rescue :) They are handsome, but need a home where they will get the extra care they need. Three alpaca lads will be ready very soon. Two are tricolours and the other a handsome black with highlights. There was another but Someone has had their eye on him for a while.

aw i would love one , i enjoy brushing my long haired piggies ive also got angora buns &brushing them is really therpetuic !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back