• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Am a little worried about Rosie

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Luke was giving Rosie and Sparkle a cuddle earlier and he said he could feel a lump on the side of Rosie. Have just checked it and its the size of a pea and feels quite hard. I have text Vedra to ask her what she think it could be and am waiting for her to reply.

What do you all think it could be? I know sometimes pigs get lumps on them and they are fine. Fluffy had one but it wasn't cancerous. If it is something bad for Rosie then I will take her to the CCT. The lump is situated nearish under her arm.

its most likely a cyst nothing to worry about, I deal with my pigs myself, if it gets any bigger then see a vet but cysts dont get much bigger then a pea, a big pea though,

sounds like a cyst. it may burst sometime or it may just stay there. I have them on me only had 1 burst. Jacques has had 2 burst.

Yeah exactly but I know sometimes lumps can be cancerous and I don't want to take any chances with my pigs. I have had such bad luck over the past couple of months it worries me. I will keep an eye on it but if it gets worse no way am I taking her to my vet - I will def take her to the CCT. I am working tomorrow but off Wednesday so will see what it is like then.

Under the arm is probably a cyst as the others have said.

Please let us know how you get on with vets/vedra and give her a big hug from me!

I don't want you to be frightened, Ellie, but think of Scarby. It was a huge cancerous tumour and I have no idea how he survived that. Please get it checked out by a good vet - i wish you could go to Roger, he is fantastic with guineas. Big hugs x

Ellie, is there any news on Rosie? I hope she's ok. Sorry, I've only just seen this thread.

She is fine. My mum took her to see Vedra yesterday and she checked her all over and said the lump is okay. She said if you feel all around Rosie she has lots of little lumps but all of them are nothing to worry about.

Rosie says thank you to everybody for asking how she is :)

Marvellous good news about Rosie.

When Scarby got his second lump, I looked in my guinea pig books and they said piggies can get lots of little harmless cysts, bumps etc, so not to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back