• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Am I a bad owner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

torieraa

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Since I took Christopher out of the big cage I'm not changing the fleece much for Gizmo and Nigel.

I have checked the puppy pads underneath and they are hardly soiled after a week. I do regular poop cleans but the cage is not smelly or dirty looking. I obviously am changing the hay loft regularly but they have been on their current fleece for a week and it still doesn't look or smell like it needs cleaning, is it safe to leave them on it a little longer or should I change it now?

I'd say yes, I don't have a washingmachine so... I just go with it and see what's happening you know? xx

I'd say yes, I don't have a washingmachine so... I just go with it and see what's happening you know? xx

Of course your not a bad owner, we all have a different routine when it comes to piggy washing! I have left my fleece down for a week , as the boys pee/poop in the hayloft alot so the fleece stays clean and i spot clean twice a day with the dustpan and brush. There is only one area of the fleece that gets dirty for me and thats just under the ramp where there is a cosy little hole they like to hide in and pee. :))

I would wash your fleece at least once a week just incase, to be on the safe side.

:)

I think I will change it tomorrow then...for boys, they are very very neat. they have poo piles in two corners but thats it they never poo anywhere else downstairs.

Christopher on the other hand likes to have a dirty protest.

Hi there, :)

Since I've had my girls in the ball pit, I have found that I only need to change the fleece every 3 days. If honest, I could probably leave it for the week (extra 2 days). Mine do tend to poo and wee here and there, not in any particular place.

As one of the members said re picking up the poop once or twice a day, yes, that's what I do too. I check it in the morning before work, sometimes at lunch time, then every evening.

Just started putting the training pads under the fleece, onto of newspaper, (of which underneath the paper is a plastic sheet).

AND........NOOOOOOOO, I don't think you are a bad owner in the slightest. :) Good luck.

Beth xx

I can leave the girls fleece for 5 days as i spot clean twice a day.

Your not a bad owner, dont be so silly xx>>>

Thanks I don't feel so bad now... I think I will change the fleece tomorrow even tho it doesn't look or smell like I need to.

I should not complain about having neat piggies I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back