• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Am I awful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudge and Rainbow :)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Am I awful for looking for a rescue piggy when my girls only died yesterday? 8... Rainbow and Fudge will never be replaced and I promised them that. I told them that if I ever got another guinea pig, that would be another guinea pig not a replacement. :( Which is completely true. It's just today Petal noticed they were gone and I held her for ages. I think she's missing company and I just want her to have a friend. 8... Is it too soon?

I don't think it's too soon, especially if you are wanting to get a friend for your lonely other one, the sooner she gts some company the better for the piggy:))

Am I awful for looking for a rescue piggy when my girls only died yesterday? 8... Rainbow and Fudge will never be replaced and I promised them that. I told them that if I ever got another guinea pig, that would be another guinea pig not a replacement. :( Which is completely true. It's just today Petal noticed they were gone and I held her for ages. I think she's missing company and I just want her to have a friend. 8... Is it too soon?

I don't think its too soon and we know exactly the way you are feeling as we went through this when Jules passed away :( we arranged for Mo to go and see if he would like a buddy and they got on great but it niggled away at me that we had betrayed JUles memory but we had to do the best for MO as he was like Petal getting a little down

no piggy will ever replace Fudge & Rainbow xx

Thanks both of you. :( I probably wont rehome until next year anyway. It's just so heart breaking to see Petal running around wheeking for her mummies. 8...

We rehomed about 4 days after Jules passed which was too soon for me but it was best for Maurice and now him and Gizmo seem to get on ok though there is slightl pinching of food from one another and if we take MO away from Gizmo he wheeks the place down x

Hun you are not awful at all.
You have to do whats best for petal and getting her a friend its obviously whats best for her as she's lonely.
She will be though hun so i would suggest you look at getting her a friend soon.
No matter how many piggies you have in the future there will always only be 1 Fudge and 1 Rainbow and they can never be replaced.

x

You are putting Petals needs first showing that you are a loving and caring owner x

When Connie died, Eliza was grieving for her straight away and her behaviour changed. I was looking for a friend for her the following day and with in 2 weeks, Eleanor arrived.

I had to do what was best for Eliza and you are doing what is best for Petal. Fudge and Rainbow wouldn't want her to be lonely x

I agree with everything that has been said. We lost our piggy Lizzie at Easter while we were on holiday in France. We got Pixie as soon as we got back as we knew Rosie would be lonely by herself. Losing pets is hard but is an unfortunate part of keeping pets. We just have to remember the joy they bring us and the fact that we have given them the best possible life.

You're not awful you are showing your love and concern for Petal, just as you did for Rainbow and Fudge and they wouldn't want their little friend to be alone, especially as they are together.
Go get Petal a rescue friend, Rainbow and Fudge are watching over you and rest assured that's what they would be telling you to do.
x

I got Coco a week after Bailey died. Although he & Amber didn't cage share their cages were next to each other and Amber got very withdrawn without him there.
You're not awful, you're thinking of Petal so being a very good Mummy xx

Hi Hun
I dont think its a bad thing at all. When I lived at home and pets ever died we always got another pet a few weeks after, we were always used to have pets around so felt lost when one would die.
They are not a replacement just another pet for you to care for and take your mind off things.
xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back