• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Am i buying the right product for C&C cage? please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoBo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
I am having a problem that i know a lot of you get, trying to find C&C cage. I hsave realised that our version of it is called Seville cubes and that up until recently it was sold by B&Q and Wickes. I have found that Amazon sell this 16 block shoe rack which is Seville, but i wondered if you could take a look and tell me if this is the same thing and that i can use it to make an indoor cage.

Please follow this link

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/INTERLOCKING-SHOE-ORGANIZER-RACK-PAIRS/dp/B0011YAZV8/ref=pd_sim_kh_3[/ame]

and i also found this on Amazon too:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/INTERLOCKING-SHOE-ORGANIZER-STORAGE-PAIRS/dp/B001BYR1A6/ref=pd_sim_kh_1[/ame]

Let me know what you think cause i am going to buy it if its the right product.

hi i belive these are made of plastic not metal and are also not squares. you could possibly use them though.

Hi thats great. Another question how many packs should i buy for 3 guinea pigs and i would like it to be 2 storey's high?

Hello, I have read that they are much smaller so I think you'd need quite a few! It's so difficult trying to find the grids, the only ones I could get after the Wickes ones went out of stock are these; [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000789RSQ/ref=oss_product[/ame]
They're so expensive now :(
Would you want both stories to be the same size, or would the upper story be smaller?x

My local Wickes are still selling the grids so I don't think all stores are out of stock.

do all 3 piggies live together? how big would you like it to be?

Hi all 3 pigs would live together and it cant be any bigger than 5 ft long and 3ft wide maybe.

ok so for one level you would need 16 grids to make a 5ft x 3ft you would need to overlap the grida but this is fine just cable tie them together.

this size is fine for 3 piggies(recommended sixe for 3 is 5ft x 2ft). if you want to make a second story i wouldnt do it the same size i would make it smaller but its up to you :) if you let me know the size i can let you know how many grids you will need in totoal but its doesnt help you source them sorry.

I would recommend getting two packs; that's what I used for my cage. You can get way with one pack for a one story cage, or a 2x4 grid cage with small hay loft.

Th amazong product looks like it's plastic.

Hi I just found the below website. Am i getting closer with my search? is this what i am looking for? and how many cubes do you think i would need?

that did not work, try again

http://http://www.displaysense.co.uk/Wire-cube-display-12-compartments-WCS37.c-7401.html?action=filter&cubes=9-Above[/URL]

if that does not work type in www.displaysense.co.uk and look for wire cube shelving

you have to check the sizes for each of them but they are along the right lines the cubes we use are 14inches square or 35 cm or 350mm hope that helps.

none of the ones i looked at were square but you could use them and adapt to you.

if you can i would check your local wickes and B&Q first just in case.

i looked at the seperate grids and they are about 14" square. If i buy the Wire cube display - 12 compartments | Code: WCS37 from www.displaysense.co.uk could i do what i need to do? sorry about all the questions just dont want to buy the wrong thing cause its a lot of money

thats ok i dont blame you for checking.

ok i make the WCS37 one to have 30 grids? is that right?

how big do you want the top level to be? if your having a top level?

Hi
I am not sure about the top level, it will probably be about half the size, maybe for a hay loft or bedding area. Just want to make sure that i buy the right amount, should i buy the panels seperately? and then the connectors, The panels are £1.95 and 35cm squared. Or should i just buy the whole unit that i just mentioned, this is so confusing, i really appreciate your help xx

thats ok it beats working :) lol

i was thinking it might be cheaper to buy them seperatley.

where do they live at the moment? only 2 of mine used the ramp up to there top level so i did away with it.

i wouldnt worry too much about connectors mine is held together with cable ties except for the corners and its nice and sturdy, plus if you overlap them to fit a space the connectors are useless.

for a 2x3 hayloft you would need 24 grids in total if that helps :)

Hi that really helps thanks. I am currently living in Coventry, i have tried my local Wickes and B&Q but no luck there, thank you for your help, i guess thats what the forum is for.

I looked at the display sense website but the prices are ex vat and ex delivery and they work out quite dear by the time you add both on. Try going in to B&Q and asking them to order them in, some people have done that x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back