• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Amazing Transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggieminder

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Today I took delivery of a puppy pen I ordered on ebay. Timid, scared to come out of his house at floor time Peanut is sitting in the middle of it munching hay. He has just spent the last 30 mins zooming around popcorning, chasing Spike and being chased. This 17.95 bit of wire has transformed his life and made me very happy. It's actually only a tiny bit bigger than their 160 x 80cm cage so I still hope one day he will enjoy free roaming but for now it gives him a different view of the room and keeps him happy while I'm cleaning the cage.

OMG @piggieminder, this is identical to when I got a £12.95 'small pet pen' to attach to my cage so my girls could have 'open' daytime running! They've become a lot more trusting of me (I guess because they have more space to get away and hide) and they certainly seem more active and love, love, LOVE makeshift cardboard towers and box structures to clamber on and wreck!

Only downside is they're 'confined' to the squalid 4x2 cage when I go to bed... the way they chew on the bars in order to be 'let out' in the morning, anyone'd think they're deprived prisoners :))

That's lovely.....Have you got a link to it?
My daughter usually has our pigs out for floor time when I clean the cage but sometimes I have to do it when she isn't here and they land up having to go in their carriers or a large cardboard box so I am on the look out for an alternative

Can't get it to link right but seller was igiftbox, just noticed they put the price up to £18.45 now.

My guinea pigs wee is yellow and cloudy should it be ?

Another successful floor time in the pen. Put it up in a rectangle today with the door at the end. Have left the door open and Spike is going in and out, wandering off to check out his favourite cupboard and then back to the pen with Peanut. They then do a few zoomies and popcorns and Spike goes off to explore the room again - a compromise that's keeping them both happy :clap:.

I think if I fully 'free-ranged' Willow she'd chew the doors right off, then look at me like "Why are you in my house, hooman?". Marble would run off into a dark recess and never be found again (I have trouble seeing her sitting in a dark cuddle cup) :))

OH managed to take some photos at last, please excuse the mIMG_0049.JPG ess I was in the middle of cleaning the cage out.

IMG_0050.JPG

Oh that's so lovely to hear! My boys have that run too and they absolutely love it! They're in it all day so it's basically their second home, best twenty quid I ever spent! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back