• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Amber Weather Warning - Severe Gales - Scotland And The North - Tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pebble

Banned
Reaction score
A vigorous depression is expected to run rapidly east passing northern Scotland on Thursday night and Friday morning.
Winds will begin to increase late on Thursday to give a period of very strong westerly winds across the Western Isles, the north and northwest of the Scottish mainland and Orkney. Gusts of 80 to 90 mph are likely quite widely with a risk of gusts of over 100 mph in places, with these strongest gusts most likely along coasts in the far north. Winds should quickly ease from the west during the morning.

Gusts elsewhere could reach 60-70mph

A YELLOW WARNING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM HAS ALSO BEEN ISSUED FOR NW, NE ENGLAND AND YORKSHIRE/HUMBER AREAS

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/....50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1420675200&regionName=uk

A further depression is expected to affect Scotland and the North on saturday/sunday with gale force winds/heavy rain but currently only yellow warnings have been issued.

our very own weather girl...:yahoo:
Yep - I will be posting weather warnings where appropriate for all those who have any pets kept outdoors who may be at risk from certain types of weather.
i.e.
winds that can blow hutches over (or take of barn/shed roofs)
severe cold that can cause URI's,
severe heat that can cause heatstroke and
loadsa rain that can cause flooding.
We all missed one today - far more rain than forecast landed in the SE last night with some severe flooding - I had to turn back on my trip to take the mite girls to the vets today because I was in imminent danger of having my house flooded and two pairs of guinea pigs were at "low level" indoors

Its raining men - hallelujah, its raining men, all together now, - no - just me then? :whistle: :))

Not quite Boss - one of my favourite songs!

"It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Men! Amen!
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet!
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!.....etc"

x

Thanks for the update. Expecting it to be bad here tomorrow. Can hear the wind outside already. Typical that I've booked the girls vet check up on a very windy day!

Wind's howling a gale outside here; so pleased I don't have to go out in it at all!

Seriously hope all our Scottish friends and piggies stay safe and don't take unnecessary risks.... vet appts can be postponed...like I did today when I postponed an 11am appt til 3pm for the mite girls. (Just enough to enable the inclement weather to subside) .

This weather will be worst during the night and will hopefully blow over by tomorrow early to mid-morning.

As for Boss Hog's singing - I "plead the fifth amendment/no comment/wasn;t me Boss"!
x

Thoughts being sent to our Scottish bretheren...storm was severe....and is now slowly abating but there is already much damage and people without roofs to their houses..
Stay safe everyone
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back