• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

An impossible decision to make

Bradshaw Piggies

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I think a lot of you on here know about some of the health challenges I’ve faced over the last couple of years. Well I’ve not had the greatest news which means my life is going to be changing a lot over the coming months.

Which means I’m going to struggle to keep all of the guinea pigs. I’ve been dreading posting on here as I didn’t want you all to think of me as a bad person and I know it’s my fault for taking on an extra 2 from work. But life is going to have to change. I’ve had my older boys for years now and can’t bear to part with them. Plus with Banner being around 6 years old and the other boys 4 or 5, I don’t really want them moving on. I’ve considered rehoming my lovely younger boars to take some pressure off but it’s still heart breaking.

I have no idea what I’m going to do yet.
It’s my own fault for taking them in when they had no where else to go. But I know work would have just given them to just anyone.

They are such lovely boys and I’m still unsure of what to do. I feel terrible

I don't think anyone would think you are a bad person, from what I have seen from your posts there is nothing but love and the wanting the best for all of your fur family.
As heartbreaking as it is, at the core of what you are doing is looking out for their needs, putting them first.
I can only offer support, an ear or a shoulder and send virtual hugs🤗🤗

So sorry to hear that, you are a wonderful piggie Mum and only want the best, sometimes life throws this curve balls at us and we have to make difficult decisions ❤️

So sorry you are thinking of re-homing your two youngest boys, but life doesn’t always go to plan and we all know how much you think about your piggies, no one on here would think you a bad person. You took them on as they were in dire need, so don’t feel bad x
Wish I could have them but I am rammed in my little bungalow as it is.

That‘s very kind of you say, I hope you can too x Have you thought of contacting a good rescue near you?
I’ve contacted a few that I trust, I don’t mind travelling if it’s the right place for my boys. I’m just waiting to hear back. This is so so difficult 🥲

I’ve contacted a few that I trust, I don’t mind travelling if it’s the right place for my boys. I’m just waiting to hear back. This is so so difficult 🥲
I cam imagine, but you are doing it for their long term benefit and you also have to think of your needs too x

@Bradshaw Piggies
I know you a fab piggie slave and what you are telling us . . Must be heart breaking.
Don't panic as I'm sure on here we can help.
Be great if you could follow their lives from the great start you given them.
Sorry to hear you having health probs and I offer my support 24/7 if you ever need it.
:luv: Me and 4 girlies piggies.

@Bradshaw Piggies
I know you a fab piggie slave and what you are telling us . . Must be heart breaking.
Don't panic as I'm sure on here we can help.
Be great if you could follow their lives from the great start you given them.
Sorry to hear you having health probs and I offer my support 24/7 if you ever need it.
:luv: Me and 4 girlies piggies.
Thank you so much! Means a lot to have so much support 🥰

I'm so sorry you're in this position. I so wish I had enough room, I would take your beautiful boys in a heartbeat. Please don't blame yourself, you have always done the very best for them and everyone on here knows that. You have a huge amount of support on here, please make the most of us all, whatever you need. You are absolutely not alone, we are all with you 🐾

Do you work at pets at home? 😂. I did and that’s how I came to take home loads of pets over the years. Just sounds a familiar story. It’s such a shame you have to rehome some but at least this way you get to vet the owners yourself. They won’t be going to just anywhere. I really hope you find some lovely homes for them. And definitely don’t feel bad. As long as they’re looked after and cared for that’s all they care about really. ❤️

Do you work at pets at home? 😂. I did and that’s how I came to take home loads of pets over the years. Just sounds a familiar story. It’s such a shame you have to rehome some but at least this way you get to vet the owners yourself. They won’t be going to just anywhere. I really hope you find some lovely homes for them. And definitely don’t feel bad. As long as they’re looked after and cared for that’s all they care about really. ❤
No lol. I’m an equine lecturer at a university and there happens to be an animal department too.
thank you for the support! Appreciated ❣️

Back