• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anime/manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey. Just wondering if anyone on this site watched anime and/or read manga? England seems to be less about it. I've bothered my mum and sister so much with it and now my sister watches two shows with me on Chromecast, using Crunchyroll (but I'm not a premium member so ads make me rip my hair out). :D

I was into Naruto (books and the show) for quite a while but couldn't stand how long it took to get through some of the arcs - I swear some episodes were nothing more than "we are jumping through trees trying to catch this evil ninja... we are still jumping through trees..." *credits* :))

I've only been watching the show. Are you on Shippuden? And it's funny because there is so many episodes like that people have created multiples of filler guides you can find online. :lol:

I use to watch Naruto... Full Metal Alchamist and also read manga. Sold it all as it was just gathering dust.

If I want to read it I go to Mangafox and there's another anime website I use to watch it. Can't remember though.

@Julesie perfect thread for you :)

When I was younger I used to watch Naruto on I think Nickelodeon? Either that or Boomerang I think it was called. I was going to watch FMA but I'm not sure if FMA Brotherhood is the one I should watch first.

I normally use some other site, since Mangafox doesn't have the scroll option. My iPad is a snail when the wifi is not good.

Has anyone watched Tokyo Ghoul? I watched the first few episodes that came out, but I got impatient with waiting for more and decided to read the manga instead. I'm happy I did since people have been saying the anime didn't cover the manga properly, since there was only twelve episodes. I did finish the anime though, and I'm watching Tokyo Ghoul RA now, as well as the sequel for the manga. :D

Last edited:
I refused to watch the dubbed version of Naruto. Japanese with subs all the way :)
I don't like how the dubbed versions have all the best bits removed!

I could only watch the first five or ten episodes of the dub before I dumped it. I came back later and tried the subs, likes it so much more. ^^

The english dub took the blood out so when Gaara did that coffin thing with his sand, no blood was shown and a child was killed in an attempt to do the same with another child. :(

I've only been watching the show. Are you on Shippuden? And it's funny because there is so many episodes like that people have created multiples of filler guides you can find online. :lol:
I got about 30 episodes into Shippuden and lost the will to live :)) The fillers are pretty horrendous sometimes - there is an entire episode that springs to mind that has an awful lot of Kankuro, but every single word that he says is "G-Gaara..." :))

It's like Lost - I want to know the story but not watch all the chuff!

I can't cope with dubs either.

I got about 30 episodes into Shippuden and lost the will to live :)) The fillers are pretty horrendous sometimes - there is an entire episode that springs to mind that has an awful lot of Kankuro, but every single word that he says is "G-Gaara..." :))

What bugged me was taking ages to get up once they had been knocked down!
I was like *look at time left* c'mon Gaara is dying and you're taking 10 mins to get up?! i loved Gaara he was and still is my anime crush, I just re watch the episodes when he's good! Like saving Rock Lee and kicking booty!

Hehe. Honestly, one of the reasons I push forward to watch Shippuden is because it has a lot of Naruto with a demon cloak or tail or something.

Have you seen Angel Beats? I think that is one of the anime I cried at, but I'm turning into a softy. :D I liked the dub, but others say it's bad.

Hehe. Honestly, one of the reasons I push forward to watch Shippuden is because it has a lot of Naruto with a demon cloak or tail or something.

I was curious and being nosey with the naruto wiki couldn't believe it was still going on the manga I mean!

me I love anime and have in my DVD collection Card captor Sakura movies, Vampire Knight season 1 and 2, ToraDora! and Special A plus have watched Pretear, Air tv, Alice Academy and am currently watching Sailor Moon Crystal

Sorry, I was watching TV. :D

Yeah, like Jess said, Naruto and Hinata get together, as do Sasuke and Sakura. There has been pics going around of their children, but I don't know if it was fanart or what. It's so weird since I've been following this for a while then it ends.

Thanks for the link Jess!

I LOVE anime/manga! All my guinea pigs are named after anime characters. :))

Yugioh is my current obsession and has been for the past 3 years.

I've watched Dragon ball Z, Tenchi in tokyo, pokemon, nabari no ou, kuroko no basket, yugioh, haikyuu, kuroshitsuij to name a few. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back