• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Announcement regarding the free ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cgilchrist

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to say that I am pleased that the Mods have raised the issue of the 'friendly' side of the forum. I am sure i have perhaps been guilty of being a bit firm but I always try to advise in a diplomatic way and have actually not posted much on here recently as I have been so upset by how aggressive some people have been I have refrained from posting so not to let my feeling make me post some thing unpleasant. I really hope all users do take on board the message and although their are mixed feelings about the free ads i do think it is a very tough line to walk and the mods have had to make a choice and people should still look and make their own arrangements if they like but we all could maybe focus on helping the rescues on here and that may give the rescues oppurtunity to consider the free ad piggies themselves if required? :) -c

well i think the mods have a very tough job and some people are quick to criticise them and not many people give them positve feedback openly. :)

I do totally agree, i think some comments put on here by other members can be quite intimidating and i have felt that myself at times. We are not here to judge other people and how they keep their guinea pigs, but we can advise in a friendly manner. I have found a lot of information on here totally invaluable and have picked up many tips that i have put into practice.

We are all g.pig lovers on here and if we can swap information and help out in a friendly manner then the forum will just go from strength to strength xx

Being a mod is a very tough job (I have done it on another unrelated forum). We also have to remember that converting your thoughts and feelings into words for the public to read is not necessarily the easiest thing to do. When you are writing something and you are full of emotion (anger or otherwise) it may not read the same to everyone else as you intend. I always try not to respond too quickly and reread everything before I post... and even then it doesn't always come across right.

Its easy to forget that there is a human being behind every username with the same emotions we all go through, we all make mistakes from time to time and we all have the capacity to learn more about life so lets not be too harsh on each other

I think there is also the fact that one sometimes replies in a 'I am thinking aloud' way rather than a 'I am addressing my comments at the OP' way.

I guess we all have to remember, too, that whilst many regular forum users are very familiar with the principles of rescue, many newer or occasional user won't be.

I think the other thing to bear in mind is that when talking with people normally there would be a lot of body language and vocal tones that would convey the talkers message that are completely missed on a written post. This means people may take offence etc when none was intended.
I think this is a fantastic forum with a wealth of knowledge that has certainly helped us.

Last edited:
I think this is great :) I like forums where things can stay friendly and polite while people can still express their views :)

I have to agree. I stopped posting as I couldn't handle hearing how self important and judgemental some people were being on here. It actually made me feel uncomfortable enough that I couldn't keep coming here.

I am pleased this issue has been raised. No one is better than another and while some people are guilty of cruelty or neglect they are VERY rarely those that come looking for help and friendly advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back