• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Annoying pig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
One of my guinea pigs twangs his water bottle, he will pull of it with his teeth and then let go so it twangs against the cage, it keeps me awake at night, why does he do this and how can i stop him?!

One of my guinea pigs twangs his water bottle, he will pull of it with his teeth and then let go so it twangs against the cage, it keeps me awake at night, why does he do this and how can i stop him?!

Hahaha. One of the bottles we have in the cage is a glass one with a spring holding it on. One of my piggies makes an awful noise with it. I think it's so he can get the water easier cos he pulls the bottle so it's at an angle rather than straight down. Not sure what you could do other than maybe change the bottle. The other bottle we have is a plastic one and we have that in a sock pegged to the cage. That isn't so bad.

Just a thought - could the piggie be struggling to get a drink?

Its probly just his 'bad habit' :)) but you could try changing bottle , or attatching it tighter maybe using a few hair bobbles :)

No hes not struggling, because i see him drink normally, and then he just pulls on to it, and i sit there at 1 or 2 or 3 in the morning thinking, WHY!! I put a bowl of water in with him but he tips it over, i think he is mocking me {:|

Try putting a sock over it to muffle the sound - it might not be much but it might help?

Love Lex xx

When my piggies were in a cage, I held the bottle in place firmly with a piece of velcro strapping. Worked very well and didn't hear the bottle move when being used. :)

is your piggy covered up at night?
If he isn't covered, he may not know it's bedtime!zzz

They are in my bedroom, and the light is permanently off, as i cant reach to change the lightbulb! {:| Hes has now started to knock the water bottle off the cage completly now, i had to keep getting up all through the night and when i got up this morning it was off again so god knows how long they went without water for! i put a bowl in this morning and filled a plastic milk bottle with water and tried tipping it in, but no he wasnt happy with me tipping it in and bit on to the bottle and started tugging on it, water went everytwhere and then all over myself, so i had a winge at him and cleaned up the puddle in my bedroom, wasnt a good start to the day

You can probably make it a bit quieter by putting something soft between the bottle and the cage; as the cage will resonate with the sound otherwise. Although he will probably decide to chew whatever you put there.

Try giving him something else to tug, like a bit of wood.

You can probably make it a bit quieter by putting something soft between the bottle and the cage; as the cage will resonate with the sound otherwise. Although he will probably decide to chew whatever you put there.

Try giving him something else to tug, like a bit of wood.

My Basil does that and he lives in my room drives me insain! but he went though an illness and stopped drinking all together so he can make that noise as much as he wants now ha at least i no he is drinking! x

My new guinea pig does this, it's reaaaally annoying ,especially when you have to get up at 6 the next morning and ever five minutes he's clanging it against the cage. I know he can drink quietly because I've seen him do it, it just seems to be at night ... I'm thinking it's for attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back