• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Another hooman haypoke!

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh dear this is silly I have hay stuck in my eye again, its sharp and I can see it actually stuck in my eye and it wont wash away... I am going to have to burden the NHS with this because the whole white bit of my eye is going bright red... how embarassing, during a global pandemic... but it hurts so bad! :(

Oh no - it sounds awful, and better to get it seen to quickly before you develop a major infection.
And I know I shouldn't laugh (eye things are the worst) but it is one of those incidents that I suspect you will look back on an laugh about.

I'm off to the emergency eye clinic! I did an online e-consultation that concluded it needs looking at within the next 4 hours... and can only be fixed by an eye expert with special tweezers seeing as there is clearly a foreign object embedded in my eyeball...

Ouch! Hope a nice young doctor got the hay out with minimal discomfort . Now as a reward for your suffering you should demand that piggie daddy gives you a heap of juicy coriander and grass.
I know some hay can smell really nice, but were you sticking your face in your piggies' haybag, and if so, why?

All done! A nice senior eye nurse lady removed the hay then turned my eyelids inside out to check for anything else and also found what appeared to be a ginger Puggle hair... got antibiotic eye cream 4 times a day for 4 days :)
But look how sore it is! Good job I went, you can see a little ulcer forming already! Hay is very sharp and i must stop diving into it face first even if it is very tasty and we have no other foods in :)
2020-03-26 12.33.49.jpg

OMG that looks horrifically sore. What rotten luck.
Hope you are a good girl taking your treatment. You may have to have a non - hay treat after each treatment to make it less traumatic for you.
we’ve debated eating hay ourselves, here, if other staples run out. It’s great roughage apparently.

OMG that looks horrifically sore. What rotten luck.
Hope you are a good girl taking your treatment. You may have to have a non - hay treat after each treatment to make it less traumatic for you.
we’ve debated eating hay ourselves, here, if other staples run out. It’s great roughage apparently.
I still have a packet of savoury rice, 2 spring onions, and a bit of left over chilli for me... and a couple of bottles of wine of course!
I also have 40kg of hay, 2 cucumbers, 2 red peppers and a little gem lettuce in stock for the wheeky divas- hay may well be on the hooman menu soon!

All done! A nice senior eye nurse lady removed the hay then turned my eyelids inside out to check for anything else and also found what appeared to be a ginger Puggle hair... got antibiotic eye cream 4 times a day for 4 days :)
But look how sore it is! Good job I went, you can see a little ulcer forming already! Hay is very sharp and i must stop diving into it face first even if it is very tasty and we have no other foods in :)
View attachment 136677

Glad that you could get it sorted in time!

Stop playing piggy and behave like hooman, even though it is admittedly a lot less fun...

Back