Another Success Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Hazel has just seen uncle Simon and he was absolutely delighted with her weight gain. He checked her teeth and she needed very little doing. He feels sure her dental issues will cure completely and will recheck her in three weeks time to see how she is doing. This just goes to show how successful we are at dealing with dental disease and how, by doing conscious dentals, Simon is able to get such fantastic results. I am absolutely over the moon and can't stop smiling!

Hazel arrived at TEAS mid November, aged 3 months and weighing only 128g. She weighed less than the week old babies I had here. Her teeth were dreadful! At first she needed weekly dentals, then we managed to stretch the time between treatments to 10 days, and then a fortnight. The result is amazing! I really would urge anyone with a piggy with dental problems to take them straight to Simon and not try other vets and rodentologists first. I feel that myself and Simon are often used when all else fails, and although in most cases we can get the piggy eating again for themselves, the dental disease is usually so advanced by this stage that it can only be managed and not cured. Dealing with dental issues is never easy and I spend every day of my life syringe feeding one or another of the piggies here, and spend hours teaching them to eat for themselves again. I cut leafy veg into tiny pieces with scissors and hand feed it a piece at a time so they can regain their confidence in eating again. This is all done in addition to my full time work, and at times I feel total exhaustion. However, the exhaustion disappears instantly when you get a result like we have had with Hazel.

Such a happy story, very pleased for Hazel and everybody looking after her, and her friends at TEAS xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back