• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

any advice on what to do .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
where i live there is 2 pet shop very close to each other 1 is really really good all the pets they sell are looked after really well thats where i get most of my hay and bits.

The other one is really not nice i went in there to just see how this 1 guinea pig was doing I'm a sucker i cant help keeping an eye on it.

at the moment he is in a cage with a rabbit in a dog crate with only straw and what looks like rabbit food.

he has now put the price down for him to £10 so i guess he really wants to get rid of him .

the guinea pig look healthy but thats just from looking at him in his cage he does look a bit over weight .

i want to give him a home but i know he will just replace him .

Sadly its just a cycle that continues, it would be great if you could give that guinea pig a loving home but then they would just get another guinea pig who would be in the same situation. Can you not report the pet shop if the animals are being kept in a dog crate?

Sadly its just a cycle that continues, it would be great if you could give that guinea pig a loving home but then they would just get another guinea pig who would be in the same situation. Can you not report the pet shop if the animals are being kept in a dog crate?

I know he wont thats why i think he is still there :( i dont mind paying for him to give him a better life.

its just giving that man money to replace guinea with more

he is really playing on my mind .

just dont like to see anything not being looked after right.

What I would do in your position, if I had room, would buy the guinea pig and give it a good life. I would also stop going into the shop and try not to think of what they were selling. Because you have seen the guinea pig and want to give it a home, if you don't, you will always be thinking about it and wishing you had taken it. That's how I would be anyway.

i agree with sandra. if you have the room take it home but try and get the price down. and stop going in there i think it's worse once you've seen him/her :(

That's exactly what happened to me with shy, I now know not to go in to the garden centre she was in because I'd do it all again mallethead.
If you feel so strongly I'd say do what your heart is telling you to do and just never go back again.
Good luck with whatever you decide xx

i did the same with Lentil.. i went to a place to get hermit crabs and saw him all on his own and bless he is big so people would of most likely wanted the smaller guinea pigs and i just couldnt leave him

This little man is big as well and the man in the pet shop is saying he is only 14 weeks old and he has to be much older than that .

Last edited:
I just went down to the pet shop to get the guinea pig and he has been sold to live with a rabbit:x

I have just orded a rabbit 100 for him so he could have a really nice new home o well i just hope he will be happy.

I'm going to keep the new cage when it comes and hopefully i can give a rescue piggy a home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back