• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Any French Guinea Pig Owners About?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddykins

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! I am relocating to France in about a month's time (to Lyon), I will be staying there for around a year with my partner and of course are two gorgeous guinea pigs are coming with us. I was wondering if there is anybody here who lives in France who could give us any advice about good brands of guinea pig food/hay/vets/pet stores, literally anything that might be useful? We went over for a few days to find an apartment earlier this week and I went to a local supermarket and saw in their pet aisle that they had two different kinds of guinea pig mueslis, but no pellets (one of the mueslis said it was for rabbits, hamsters, and guinea pigs! Considering rabbits and guinea pigs have such different nutritional requirements that worries me!), so I am wondering if I will have to order pellets online or are they usually found perhaps in other super markets or pet stores? They sold hay at least and some treats too.

I am half belgian.
In supermarkets they sell guinea pig croquets but they do not seem the best to me. If I were you I would bring my current food over and order online and if possible have it shipped to France as I find the range of guinea pig food is massive let alone in another country.

I am half belgian.
In supermarkets they sell guinea pig croquets but they do not seem the best to me. If I were you I would bring my current food over and order online and if possible have it shipped to France as I find the range of guinea pig food is massive let alone in another country.

Ah bon! Est-que vous parlez francais? :D

Is 'croquets' a brand of guinea pig food? I will have a look. If necessary I can probably get what they currently eat delivered to France but obviously the expense makes it undesirable if there are any local alternatives :P

Ah bon! Est-que vous parlez francais? :D

Is 'croquets' a brand of guinea pig food? I will have a look. If necessary I can probably get what they currently eat delivered to France but obviously the expense makes it undesirable if there are any local alternatives :P

Yep, I speak a bit of French. I think croquets are the name like nuggets or pellets. I think all supermarkets have thier own brands of piggy food, I wish supermarkets in the UK sold guinea pig food rather than heading to pets at home and supporting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back