Any help appreciated...

Pipsypip

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm really in need of some advice. I have two girls on separate floors of a foxglove hutch currently as they had a big falling out and even the sight of each others through the grids of the CC was causing chattering, rumbling and the more dominant girl trying to jump over. I let them out one at a time in the room they live, and literally if they catch sight of each other, the really loud chattering starts on both sides. Both girls are eating well, pooping, weeing, do not seem lonely or distressed but agitated at the sight of each other.
I love them so much but I'm not in a position to get any more pigs and I'm tormenting myself thinking all this chattering means they aren't happy and I'm not giving them a good life. My plan was to let things cool and reintroduce but the aggressive chattering is making me think it will end in tears.
I'm unsure what to do, and it's causing me a great deal of anxiety. I really do love them and take a great deal of care of them but I'm wondering if rehoming would be best, but then if they can't be bonded, id rather they stayed with me where I know how much they're adored.
Thoughts and opinions welcome.
Thankyou x

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
What are the details of their falling out necessitating the separation?
When you separated, was the submissive piggy happier? If so, then you did the right thing. The dominant will always be upset by it.

The issue I can see is that if they live one on top of the other, then they don’t get the visual interaction so when they see each other during floor time, they then start with the dominance.
If they really must remain completely separate then perhaps floor time needs to be done in another room so they can’t see each other during it.

Pipsypip

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thankyou. So the girls have always had very strong seasons and lots of teeth chattering but the fight that made me separate them, Doreen was making a sound I can only describe as like a rattlesnake, and then lunged at Betty who was screaming very loudly. Betty was immediately happier at being separated and now chatters loudly at the sight of Doreen at all. Also, Betty came to me with a very bitten up ear which the rehoming service couldn't account for, I assume Doreen had bitten her before.