• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michele

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good websites that sells runs. I'm looking for a new square one that i can attach to my hutch. any ideas welcome. the run doesnt have to attach as i can modify that.

ebay might have some at good prices, i have seen some on there that look good depends how much u want to spend, making one yourself might be cheaper

its for in the garage. i have an outside one. It does have to have a wire lid cos I have 3 cats and i know they would eat them. i have thought about building my own but i wouldnt know where to start and hubby isnt really into DIY he mainly does NO NAILS stuff LOL. if anyone has plans please could i have a look

i could draw some plans up for you if you wanted me too, I'm good at that I'm studying to be interior designer so used to drawing scale plans of houses, so could do a run for you, wont be till friday though as my son is in hospital tomorrow

thats fantastic if you could. no hurry for it. whenever you can.

i basically want the run to attached to the bottom doors of my hutch. so i can open the doors of the ground floor and they go down a ramp. only about 3/4ft. heres a picture of the hutch. it will be lower for the run of course. i want to make the hutch more for them to be freer and not rely on my taking them out and putting them in a separate hutch. think it will be much better especailly in the summer.

michele123.jpg

just to let you know i am designing a run for you if you still want me to, wil be ready by the end of the weekend, been so busy with work and my son going to hospital but i am doing it, do you want a enclosed bit on the end of the run so they can be out on the grass but still enclosed

that'll be great. do you want anything for doing it? i wouldnt need an enclosed bit as this run will be purely in the garage. i have a run for outside.

as you want a basic run thats what i guessed anyway lol could it be a normal rectangle one, by the way picture it in your head lol, normal rectangle made out of long bits of wood with mesh pinned to it, the way you attach it is you have a lock, a push and pull one dont know the technical name lol so it just unlocks when you take it off i will draw it today soon as my daughter has her nap

ok i have designed the run, will try to describe it, as your having it indoors/ in the garage you will probably want a solid floor so a sheet of wood could be your floor then you can cover it with bedding or newspaper just to keep there little paws warm as garage floors are cold, then you would some long pieces of wood like poles, sorry if I'm not describing it well, anyways you would nail the poles along the edge of the floor so they are laying flat the pole laying flat needs to measure a little less than what the edge of the sheet of wood does so you can attach the standing poles to the end of the lying poles, then its just like making a basic run by attaching the poles together to make a rectangle shape. then fixing the mesh/wire over it. the run can be detachable by having a bolt lock to the side of the hutch which attaches to the side of the run you can have one on the top of the run either side and one on the bottom either side. if you have a email i can email the drawing to you

o and for the ramp replace on of the doors for a full door rather than a window door have it hinged at the bottom instead of the side so when you open it it opens down to creat a ramp all you have to do then is make non slip by putting some long thin strips of wood across the door or carpet

Just wanted to say thank you Kelly for your drawings. My hubby is not into DIY so I have found someone on ebay who will make it for me for £40.00. I have already moved the hutch in position ready waiting for the run and I will take photos when it arrives and is fixed. Cant wait. Its going to be bigger than they are use too. The run will be 3ft x 4ft plus they will have their double storey hutch. LOADS OF SPACE!! I'm sur they will feel as if they have gone and been to heaven when they see it. They are use to the apex runs.

My runs coming thursday. I know I sound abit sad. but i'm so excited.

MY run is coming tomorrow. Hope i wont be disappointed. CAnt wait........ well its not MY RUN its my piggies run LMAO

[color]Has th run arriv yt? - Is it th sign Klly i for you?

an't wait to s pics an I hop you lik it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back