• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Any info...On Sows behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

I am gettin two females next week and i have NEVER even met a female piggie! So I'm very nervous! i have had females of other animals but i would love any info about them, even if they arnt that different to males

also, Mia escaped and got in with Jack and male the other day so what signs do i look for if she is pregnant! x

females are so easy to keep I have one hugh run with 17 girls in together, they are so laid back I have never ever had a problem with girls other then a bit of barbering if ones ill then the others tend to mother them, and baby sows are welcomed, I have just introduced a little 7 week old white rex Marley in with my girls and she is 100% fine, being washed and snuggled up to in general being made welcome,,
as for Mia one of the first signs of pregnancy is drinking a lot of water but in this weather you probably not know the diffrence, think you might have to wait and see if she blooms, make a note of the date they got together, in case she is pregnant,

Thanks Michelle thats a big help, i couldnt belive i had never met a sow before! so i dont no much. She escaped out of her run and got in with Jack who is very much fertile as he has fathered alot of litters! but nobody saw them until it came time to get them out meaning we dont no what happened but i am geared up for it if she is then thats ok ill deal with it and if she isnt thats fine, we have her for the summer until around sept and hopefully by then i will b able to afford to keep them, I'm excited but nervous x

Just wondering, but when did you get a boar Jack?

Like Michelle says sows are easy to keep and are not half as much trouble as boars! (in the nicest possible way!). Girls are laid back and a bit more gentler than boars!

My girls are so soft, but they don't prefer too much cuddling as boys do!

LOL! No Kelly these piggies live at college and are bred so that the animal students can learn more, they have a lot of pigs and we are adopting T&M from them as they are no longer needed, Jack is a boar at the college and while all the pigs had play time Mia escaped and go in with him! lol if i had a new piggie i would have told everyone! x

Hehe! I wouldnt breed piggies if i could help it id go all frantic so if she is pregnant Kelly dont be suprized if i text you in a blind panic! x

LOL you say that now but you havent heard me in a panic, ill be all 'Kelly should she be eating, Kelly should she be drinking, Kelly Kelly Kellllllllly! lol x

LOL then ill ring you and wont say your name ill just be screaming HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

I was practically hyperventalating when bobbin had hers and we didnt even see her have them we just found them! lol can you imagine me being a midwife( what i wanted to do in senior school) lol id be fainting more than the dads!

LMAO I cried when all of the babs were born! It's a really overwhelming feeling! It's like you go into a different mode and keep calm for a while! Then when it's all over you see the joy

She wont lol ill be hiding! she can get on with it shes the clever one when it comes to things like that shes the future RSPCA Inspector i wanna be a nurse!

She wont join i asked her but she just wont i dont think she sees the attraction! lol shes wanted to be a RSPCA inspector since Animal Hospital started so she must have been around 6? shes never changed her mind! she has a way with animals on holiday there was a pheasent with a bad leg she walked up to it with a piece of bread and had a look at the leg! i was :o we all were she just has the knack! and has the power the rabbits listen to her every word all she has to do is walk outside and if they are being naugthy(burrowing mostly) they stop! whereas I'm a push over! lol I love animals but i dont think i could work with them on that level if that makes sense? x

LOL I've got a way with them too. I think because sometimes I can perform a reike healing (healing with the hands) and am just really gentle with my hands and talk to them, that they feel safe and trust me. Have always been good with animals.

I guess as well if you don't show that you are afraid or unnerved then they can feel it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back