• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Any New Owner Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carla-1990

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone I got my first 2 guinea pigs today and I'm very happy! Anyone got any advice for the first few days of settling them in? Thanks x

Hi and welcome to the forum! There are some very handy guides but I'm on my phone at the moment so don't know how to post them here, will do it in the morning unless someone else shares it tonight.

You've got a lot to learn about these wonderful creatures, I'm still amazed by the new things I am constantly learning. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask, we're a friendly bunch on here.

In the meantime feel free to share more information about your piggies and in time we would love some pigtures to drool over!

Just saw on your other post that Wiebke has posted the links :)

How long do you think I should leave them to settle in? They are brown.white and black in color :-) I sure will poat pictures when I get some xx

Thats what I was told to do.. been researching it and alot of people were saying leave them longer? X

Yeah I guess so.. they seem so scared I hope theyre okay :-( x

When we moved our pig wasn't new to us, but he got upset about the move and was reclusive. After a few days he got over it and was back to himself again. Your pigs will come around just takes a bit - they are sensitive creatures!

New environment means new smells and sounds! They will settle down in their own time. Try to keep to a set routine for feeding, cleaning and cuddles and that will help.

When we moved our pig wasn't new to us, but he got upset about the move and was reclusive. After a few days he got over it and was back to himself again. Your pigs will come around just takes a bit - they are sensitive creatures!

18457"]When we moved our pig wasn't new to us, but he got upset about the move and was reclusive. After a few days he got over it and was back to himself again. Your pigs will come around just takes a bit - they are sensitive creatures![/QUOTE]
Thankyou.. they are coming out alot more today !

New environment means new smells and sounds! They will settle down in their own time. Try to keep to a set routine for feeding, cleaning and cuddles and that will help.
Thankyou Il try that

Best pics I can get off the piggies tonight ♥

Attachments

• 20150428_223300.jpg
    20150428_223300.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 6
When I first got my 2 new guinea pigs, they were so scared! But give them time to settle in and move into their new home

So just persiat with the hand feeding and let them get to know I'm not going to hurt them.

They both came to eat some lettuce from my hand today.. and came to it alot quicker :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back