• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Any Pescatarians/vegetarians/vegans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do shop cruelty-free actually, forgot to mention. I see no point in animal testing whatsoever, it's just cruel and unnecessary.

For my hair I use the Curly Locks Shampoo, and its conditioner, by Phil Smith. They also have an argan oil cream which I love. As far as I know, they are cruelty-free. :)

I need to find a hand moisturiser that's cruelty-free though, I use Vaseline's hand cream which I'm pretty sure is not cruelty-free.

Soap and Glory Hand Food is cruelty free.

I usually get it in Boots. If not, Superdrug own brand hand creams are good too.

Ah. The problem with boots, they actually test on animals. This is their testing policy: "We recognise that until satisfactory replacements are available, some animal tests will be carried out by others to meet regulatory requirements and protect public health. These safety tests sometimes involve ingredients used in products manufactured and sold by subsidiary businesses. We would like to see an end to all animal tests and we give financial and technical support to the development and introduction of alternative forms of safety testing."

I might try the superdrug one then, as they don't test. :)

It's not made by Boots, they just sell it. Soap and Glory are a completely different company. You can buy their products online too.

It's a tricky one really, as it's all about deciding where you personally draw the line. That would be the same as me not shopping in Tesco because they sell meat.

I've been veggie for about 5 years. I'm so close to being vegan, everything I wear, use and buy is cruelty free.
I don't drink milk or eat eggs.
The only thing left to cut out is cheese and sometimes foods containing dairy (like cake mostly) I'm really struggling with the last one but I'll get there!

I'm doing it because I can't the guilt and feel like a hypocrite.
And I watched programme called "earthlings" that will never let me forget why I'm doing it.
Vegan choccy is yummy I eat it all the time. I've been veggie for 20 years my daughter has been for 16.YEARS I love my cheese unfortunately . Vegan cheese just isn't the same . I'm veggie purely for the animals welfare I've not eaten any form of seafood for 43 years now x

Cruelty free household products are easy to get hold of nowadays. I love eco cover and method.
Cosmetics on the other hand is a minefield. So many say not tested on animals but when you research into.it they actually use products in it that were tested!.. I look for the leaping bunny logo on everything.xx

I can't cut out fish I'm afraid, I simply love it too much...

Good for you, Hannah. :D

It is very good. :)

I also love eating tuna mayonnaise baguettes with cucumber. The cucumber gives it a lovely crunch. You could also add some sweetcorn, but I don't like sweetcorn. :))

Can't eat tuna every single day though of course, wouldn't want mercury poisoning...

Been vegetarian all my life, working on farms will turn anyone with compassion vegetarian! Now vegan because I finally realised how bad supporting the dairy industry was. It has been hard, because I was very into cream and cheese - but local dairy farming practices make it much easier to feel good about not buying dairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back