• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anybody got piggies that don't squeak?

thefluffyparent

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I'm not really concerned anymore because it's been like this for a few years, but I have a piggy that can't squeak! Or do that's how it seems. I've never ever heard her squeak, if she tries to its just like this raspy noise. Her weight is fine, no respiratory issues, and she's a happy girl so I'm not worried anymore (although I was when I first noticed it) . I'm just wondering if anybody else has piggies that don't squeak? I'm really curious

Some piggies have quieter personalities than others so since she's been fine health-wise for years I'd assume it's just that. I heard Eddie do a raspy squeak once too though he does wheek properly normally.

We had one piggy that never wheeked ever in her 5 years with us. Yes, so you get loud piggies and quiet ones...

Out 6.5 year old Widget has now lost her voice the past year and has a hoarse wheek - bless her

Out 6.5 year old Widget has now lost her voice the past year and has a hoarse wheek - bless her
Bless her. Yeah 7yr 4month Jess has a pretty odd, hoarsy wheek these days, started losing her crazily loud one at about 5! Still tries and joins in the choir with the other two noisy ones sometimes!

Hmm...well my piggie doesn’t squeak anymore because her sister died, maybe she doesn’t squeak because she knows she doesn’t have anyone to communicate with that squeaks back. Hope this helps you.

Aww, does your piggy have a friend? If not are considering getting her one? Sorry about her sister passing. Haha my piggy has two other piggies to squeak too, and funnily enough jazzy (my non squeaking piggy) is the boss of the heard and she shows it in other ways

We had one piggy that never wheeked ever in her 5 years with us. Yes, so you get loud piggies and quiet ones...

Awwee widget. I love that name btw, whar was it that made you call her widget? It's cute as

Thank you for the suggestion, but I’m not ready to break down and grieve about the loss of another guinea pig

My Rocky boy! He didn't wheek since we adopted him last year, just growls sometimes...or so I thought. When we adopted our youngest, Vegas, the quietness of the house was suddenly gone and Sierra and Rocky were startled whenever Vegas wheeked so loud continuously for a few weeks. Now Rocky would sometimes, well rarely, wheek too. Hubby and I was so happy when we heard him did that the first time a few months ago! I know we're weird. 😂 Sierra would sometimes wheek along with Vegas when they want treats. I think they've both found their voices since Vegas arrived. 😁

Thank you for the suggestion, but I’m not ready to break down and grieve about the loss of another guinea pig

I don't wanna sound insensitive, but piggies are happier in pairs/groups so while it's always hard to lose a piggy try to do what's best for your little loved one now. We've gotta think of our fur babies. If your home 24/7 that's another story as you would have time to give your piggy as much attention as they need, but most of us are not home 24/7 so if you ever become ready I would still just keep it in consideration for your little pig hun xo

My Rocky boy! He didn't wheek since we adopted him last year, just growls sometimes...or so I thought. When we adopted our youngest, Vegas, the quietness of the house was suddenly gone and Sierra and Rocky were startled whenever Vegas wheeked so loud continuously for a few weeks. Now Rocky would sometimes, well rarely, wheek too. Hubby and I was so happy when we heard him did that the first time a few months ago! I know we're weird. 😂 Sierra would sometimes wheek along with Vegas when they want treats. I think they've both found their voices since Vegas arrived. 😁

Haha my baby piggy Delilah is the loudest of all of mine. So loud! But it's also nice to hear them squeak (when it's not as loud as her haha)

I have a sow who has hardly any voice and has been so all her life. She is softly ‘spoken’ but definitely makes up for it in sass!

Mm they sure know how to be sassy don't they! When I introduced my new piggy to the other two my softly spoken one was dragging her butt along the floor telling the new pig it's her space lol.

Thanks, I honestly don’t know we tried other names but they didn’t sound right

View attachment 146856
Aww that's a cute Lil fur baby. Sometimes we just gotta name them what feels right. All my piggies have fairly human names haha, that's just how it went. And my nanna goes 'Delilah?' and I'm like yep that's the name that speaks to me haha

Back