• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Anyone been offered an antibody test?

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has been offered a covid antibody test, apparently my daughter has been offered one on Thursday, probably because she's a key worker who has been working with people with learning disabilities who are exempt from mask wearing and dont really do social distancing throughout lockdown! And we all signed up to the "please test us for anything anytime if it helps" NHS websites :)
It will be interesting to see if she tests positive, we all suspect that maybe we all had it in early march before it was on anyone's radar, when baby Alfie had an awful upset stomach accompanied by a raging temperature, and the week after it turned into a chest infection... then we all caught it and it was awful!

My eldest son reckons he had the virus in March as he felt like he had been hit by a bus and found it very hard to get out of bed and drag himself downstairs to work from home. His friend was throwing up with it he was so bad.

Yes we were all very ill in march, it was the first time ever I've had to call in sick from work as in completely too ill to work from home and get out of bed or answer emails, burning up with fever then shivering and every bone and muscle aching, upset stomach, sore throat, and it was really bad for 4 or 5 days...
I dont know what the criteria are for antibody tests but if it isnt completely random sampling I wonder if its like a "customer loyalty scheme" where my daughter has had 3 necessary but negative covid swab tests in 3 months after potential exposure, so she wins a free antibody blood test lol...!

I would love to have the antibody test.
I’m sure I had COVID-19 very early on before it had a name

Both me and my husband. I had mine before I had my vaccine. Presumably negative because I got the vaccine although technically I haven’t been told.

DH got a test today in the post. He was really poorly in march and we were wondering if he had had it (raging swinging temperatures and a horrible cough) but it was negative.

My son and his family think they had it in late February. He was particularly poorly being asthmatic. I have never been so worried about him when I saw him through his window while delivery their shopping. He had coughed so much his eyes were bloodshot, could hardly walk or talk, ranging temperature. Lives in their front room for 2 weeks apart from loo break. DIL got it too but not quite as bad, bad cough and aching limbs. The girls had a temperature on and off with coughs and tummy bug symptoms. Several of my son’s work colleagues had the same illness, with one admitted to hospital with Covid 19 (he sits directly opposite my son)

Some places of work here are offering it as offices slowly reopen, but that doesn't apply to me.
I only know of 2 people who have had one, both thought they hadn't had the virus, and both tested negative.

3 of my community first responder colleagues have had the antibody test, all 3 were negative.

I hadn't realised they were rolling them out, I really want one as I'm sure I had it at the end of February, ive never been so ill in my life. If I have antibodies I want to donate plasma to help covid patients recover. But I'm not a key worker or anything so I'm probably back of the queue 🤔 but I wish they were more available.

I hadn't realised they were rolling them out, I really want one as I'm sure I had it at the end of February, ive never been so ill in my life. If I have antibodies I want to donate plasma to help covid patients recover. But I'm not a key worker or anything so I'm probably back of the queue 🤔 but I wish they were more available.
There are random tests being sent out. Not sure if it is by postcode but my husband and 2 friends all had one through the post over the last couple of days.

You can get antibody tests privately. Think it was £69 or something through Bupa. I briefly considered having it done but it's not covered by our health insurance.

Well my daughter has just had to postpone her antibody test (she'd been sent an appointment to go to the hospital) because now her childminder and her facility have been closed and quarantined for 14 days by the council because a child who goes there tested positive! Seems this child went to a just-pushing-the-limits of the previous rule of 30 people party last weekend that turned into a super-spreading event, 6 people who were at the party have developed symptoms and tested positive already... so no childcare for a fortnight, therefore no work or going anywhere without the baby for a fortnight, even though neither my daughter or baby Alfie ever met the kid who tested positive... you really couldnt make it up could you, the joys of living in 2020?!

At least there's no shortage of swab tests and processing here in Liverpool yet, everybody can still get a next-day test booked at the mobile testing sites by the sports centre and library... not sure how long that will last though...!

You can get antibody tests privately. Think it was £69 or something through Bupa. I briefly considered having it done but it's not covered by our health insurance.

Thanks for this! I tried booking one but the website kept crashing, but its good to know thats an option for when the website wants to work and find me a nearby appointment! 🙂

No, i don't think I've had it to be honest, id love to get Lexie tested though she had a terrible cough and temp in march and she was really ill in herself which I've never seen her like before, don't think it would've been covid though as the rest of us had no symptoms. 😬

I had an antibody test at end of July through work as I work in the children’s hospital in Cardiff (admin but close contact with doctors/medical staff and we regularly go into clinical areas). I haven’t been ill at all apart from a severe headache around mid-June but I get headaches anyway due to my dodgy eyes so didn’t think much of it. I was shocked when my test came back as positive.

I also work in Tesco on the weekends, in the self-serve areas, and the chaos that has gone on there through all this has been mind-boggling so I have no doubt that this is where I contracted the virus as in the hospital we are very strict on cross-infection. I myself have been meticulous about hand washing/gel and mask-wearing so hopefully I didn’t unwittingly pass it on to too many people. I’m both glad I appear to have had COVID as this is reassuring that I won’t end up in hospital but feel guilty that I may have passed it on without knowing. But I have kept my distance from family and friends since the beginning and continue to do so, just in case.

Back