• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anyone Else Hear Phantom Guinea Pig Noises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrotyd

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I tried explaining this phenomenon (there simply is no other word for it) to my other half and he looked at me like I'd lost my mind. So, I thought, off to The Guinea Pig Forum for me.

Anyhoo, does anyone else think they hear their guinea pigs when they're not around?

Let me explain. Harry and Lloyd are in our upstairs spare room, and when I clean our their cage they're moved downstairs to the kitchen for floor time.

When I'm upstairs cleaning, I always imagine that I've heard them rumble strut in protest, which they usually do when I spot clean their cage, but their too far away.

I know it's just because I associate that action with that noise, but it freaks me out a bit.

Anyone else experience it?

My ears still ring from all the noises out boys make even when I've left the house;-)

I hear the piggies wheeking from my bedroom or anywhere when i am day dreaming!(they are in the living room!)

No but my house is haunted by phantom parents! When my parents are away, the house makes noises that sound just like them walking around, going on the computer etc. Combined with the rat (who makes sounds like my dad alot of the time), the cockroaches (who make noises like mice running around) and the wind if its blowing, this house takes nerves of steel to sleep alone at night in.

Haha I get this too. When I was bonding my girls, they were in the living room and my dad was keeping a watchful eye over them. I was in the kitchen and I was sure I heard squeaks so I ran through to the living room like 'what's happened?' Dad said they never made a sound haha but I was adamant I heard squeaks. This often happens to me haha

No but my house is haunted by phantom parents! When my parents are away, the house makes noises that sound just like them walking around, going on the computer etc. Combined with the rat (who makes sounds like my dad alot of the time), the cockroaches (who make noises like mice running around) and the wind if its blowing, this house takes nerves of steel to sleep alone at night in.

I forgot you have pet cockroaches and thought you were just casually chatting about random cockroaches crawling about your house and was like..................:blink:

Sometimes! I work from home (I transcribe and edit medical text for a living.) I often think I hear them rumbling or squeaking while I am working with headphones on, but when I take the headphones off, it's silent. So either I am imagining phantom pig noises, or they are really good at messing with my mind by falling silent as soon as I turn the audio off!

Do you have cockroaches as pets ? sorry if I sound a little surprised x

Do you have cockroaches as pets ? sorry if I sound a little surprised x

Thats ok! They are madagascan hissing cockroaches, about as big as my hand, got at least 20 in a tank.

I hear the piggies wheeking and squeaking in the car. How embarrassing that I turn around too so I can actually check!

I'm currently back at University until Friday. I lay down to sleep last night and was convinced I heard some little wheeks... Then had a dream about guinea pigs. Maybe I have a problem... :P

I hear them all the time,I even went to see one of my neighbours to ask why her Piggie was always making so much noise,she has no guineas but she does have a parrot and she thinks he here's mine and mimmicks them.

I knew I could rely on you guys to make me feel better about my guinea pig craziness.

Over Christmas, we were away and I'm used to being woken up by the guys running around in the morning. My OH's parents have no piggies, but as I woke up each day I was convinced I could hear them.

Thats ok! They are madagascan hissing cockroaches, about as big as my hand, got at least 20 in a tank.
Wow never heard of them, please share some pics (of your own) x

I thought it was only me! We've only had our girls about 6 weeks, and I keep hearing them when I'm at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back