• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Anyone else worried about putting on weight during the lock down?

I must admit lockdown it is interesting, one of my most exciting activities is cooking. Cooking, allows you to de-stress. I am very strict with myself, I have three meals a day for the most part they are healthy meals. Although my physical activity is less, I am still working out daily to make up for the decrease in walking and other hobbies. I am probably eating healthier so overall it's pretty good going, so far!

I have just made my ice coffee, and had a slice of banana cake with it. Super tasty, it's similar to going out for coffee and cake! Except for the £7+ I saved.😁

I’m going to make some custard creams then I’ll make myself an iced coffee and sit down to knit. Before I have to get dinner on (oben stuff).

I've increased the exercise and it seems that my traditionally slow metabolism hasn't shifted too much, I'm relatively stable now. I think that losing weight is important for a lot of reasons, just more topically for COVID-19, but at the same time - I think for the time being that quality of life is really important too, so eat whatever makes you happy, just not an entire shipping container full. :)

Carbs are my downfall, don't get me wrong I like sweet stuff too, but a plate of pasta or toast is my go to. I'm currently attempting a cinnamon and raisin sourdough. I'm still plodding along with couch 2 5k and my clothes don't feel much different (don't own a pair of scales) so I'm hoping I've got the balance right.

So take something else! A tub of carrot sticks! Airpopped corn.

We have been having food provided so I’ve had carbs with a side of carbs 3 times this week. Fortunately the chocolates have gone because we can’t eat or drink with our masks on so they are in the staff room rather than just at the desk and easy to eat without thinking. Although we haven’t been given many, no visitors to bring us them 😂
Update to this in terms of gifts. I saw my team clutching cans of drink the other day. I thought nothing of it until I cleared away and discovered what I assumed was pop turned out to be pink gin! I hope my night shift realised and didn’t drink it! I’ve decided not to investigate that one, let sleeping gin lie...

those kinder milk slices? I adored those as a wean, but they're bloody hard to find these days.
I buy them in Lidl. But they should also be in the milk/yoghurt aisle in Tesco, near the kids yoghurt tubes. And possibly in the polish section (if you have one) in singles. I first came across them when I was working I. Germany.

I buy them in Lidl. But they should also be in the milk/yoghurt aisle in Tesco, near the kids yoghurt tubes. And possibly in the polish section (if you have one) in singles. I first came across them when I was working I. Germany.

I've seen them in the Polish fridge section (yes, we have one of those) but it's only occasionally. I usually have more luck with Tesco online deliveries but even that's hit and miss.

I wanted to update this thread, I last weighed myself nearly 3 weeks ago and I was nearly 10 stone! I haven't weighed myself since and I've got my new job now so really hope over time I'll start to lose a bit of weight but that will be my new years resolution to cut down on crap foods. I'm starting to obsess about it like I did about 10 years ago when I had major issues about my face and ended up having to see a therapist and be put on antidepressants cos I was feeling suicidal. I know it's not a good thing but I can't help keep looking in every mirror especially at work and keep seeing all the weight I've put on. I really hope I can get to my previous weight sometime next year.

Hugs Gem789 I bet you lose the weight again now you are busier.

I've been meaning to update this thread with a confession for sometime now!
Once the garden was sorted for winter and the wet weather came and put me off my walk some days I've lost my hip bones! I need to get walking more again but it's hard to get motivated when the weather's so awful and the scenery is miles of 1930s council estate. It doesn't help that I no longer have a 4 mile round trip to the nearest supermarket - thanks Aldi your new shop is lovely and convenient but not good for my waistline.

Hugs Gem789 I bet you lose the weight again now you are busier.

I've been meaning to update this thread with a confession for sometime now!
Once the garden was sorted for winter and the wet weather came and put me off my walk some days I've lost my hip bones! I need to get walking more again but it's hard to get motivated when the weather's so awful and the scenery is miles of 1930s council estate. It doesn't help that I no longer have a 4 mile round trip to the nearest supermarket - thanks Aldi your new shop is lovely and convenient but not good for my waistline.
Thanks, I really hope I do too. I've had no motivation to keep up with my exercise videos. I will have to be very strict in the new year to get back to my previous weight. It's easier to put it in than to lose it. I know what you mean, it's not nice to go for a walk in the cold wet weather. I hope you can get motivated too x

I’m there with you ladies as well :( I’ve put on weight this year, really want to get it off but can’t find the motivation to make any changes that actually last! I’m doing better by home cooking and diet drinks at least. I believe in you both x x

i have lost two stone without even trying to loose weight,eating far to much chocalate.gp changed my tablets,but nothing unusual.so I'm delighted to get into a size 12 to 14 depite having to size up,due to a large chest ! I'm sorry others are finding it difficult.Bravissimo are getting good custom from me!:D

I did really well in the first lockdown and managed to lose a bit.
Then restrictions eased, life started getting busy and I didn’t get out for a walk as much so on went a bit.
Pleased with myself for losing nearly 2lb now but it requires so much self discipline :bye:

I've put on more than half a stone over Lockdown. I am still at Slimming World for another 10 weeks (when my countdown runs out) but I have totally lost the motivation now. Cake and biscuits are my down fall not to mention the wine! In the New Year I hope to get my motivation back. I do a lot of walking so I'll keep up with that.

Back