• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anyone have a indoor cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chul

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone use an indoor cage that isn't C&C? I have one, and I want to see photos of others to see how I can improve mine.

I was hoping to build a 2nd level onto it somehow too.

I used to have a Ferplast Rabbit 100 when the boys were younger, but it's a wee small i find for big boy piggies!
This is what their set up looked like:
Newstuffs.jpg

And they'd have full access to our outhouse room too, I'm not much help with the second level part, but hopefully someone will come along to help.

Good luck with creating a second level, :)

That is the cage I have. Do you think a 2nd level would work? I dont have the part on the right on mine that raises part up.

I think it is do-able, are you handy with a saw and non toxic glue? :) You could make a second level by creating a 'shelf' out of wood (very simply one sheet of wood) held up with supporting legs? Or perhaps you could create a mezzanine floor using plastic...if you take a look at the photographs in our Member Commercial Cage Gallery, the very first photographs by MrsM show a mezzanine floor in her cage, if you keep scrolling down you'll see some other examples too:

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53211&highlight=second+level

I think a mazzanine would be good, just to give the boys more space for now. How would I do it?

I'm not a hundred percent sure on that part, as i have never made one before however i would assume you'd use Corruaged Plastic which you would bend or use a craft knife (?) to bend the plastic into shape, and then use cable ties to hold it in place...:)

I have a shop bought cage, its quite small but it is inside a larger playpen, they have access to all the space, all the time. It works well for my girls.
You can see pics on my thread 'My girlies christmas cage'.

Might try to make something over the weekend!

Ahhh good luck! :)) Hope to see pictures of your second floor creation :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back