• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Anyone know of a decent Rescue in Dorset?

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I am (sadly) trying to prepare in advance for a friend for Christian for when Meg can't resist the call of The Rainbow Bridge any longer. The Rescues in the South West on the Rescue Locator are too far away. I have been in touch with Mandys Guinea Pig Rescue who have very good reviews on Facebook, a strict rehome policy and home visits but they don't have any single sows in Foster Care atm. I don't particularly want 5 piggies again as I found the vet bills and other bills mount up too much. I would like a sow over a boar as it will (hopefully) give me more flexibility in the future. It has been suggested by a Member that if I can't find a single sow in rescue I may have to buy a baby girl who will need the leadership of an older piggy. Christian is a very dominant boy so I need a submissive female. Obviously I would prefer to rescue a piggy but if I can't I may well have to buy.

I don't live there so I wouldn't know, but I hope you have good luck!

Margaret Green sometimes have rescued guinea pigs. My sister has rehomed dogs from them and has found them very helpful. I think the centre is in Church Knowle near Wareham. 01929 480474

Thanks! I'll keep a note of that number for when the time comes .....

Margaret Green sometimes have rescued guinea pigs. My sister has rehomed dogs from them and has found them very helpful. I think the centre is in Church Knowle near Wareham. 01929 480474
Thanks! I'll keep a note of that number for when the time comes .....
I have just emailed them.

Thanks! I think the problem is that I only want 1 sow and they are all either in pairs or trios.

Thanks! I think the problem is that I only want 1 sow and they are all either in pairs or trios.

Don't forget some of the recommended rescues don't advertise their singles due to a number of people contacting just for one pig to live alone. Always worth reaching out

Just had an email back from Margaret Green and they said that they didn't have any single piggles in atm nor have they any on their waiting list. :(

I would email around and tell them your situation, I think they like to pair up as many piggies as possible so they are not lonely.

I've been in contact with a few locally that I can travel to but they all say the same no single piggies! That's why I'm asking on the forum.

There’s a centre called Waggietails in Bournemouth. Occasionally they get piggies. Hang on in there. You may have a wait to find somewhere but there will be a piggie girl who will come your way and it will be worth it in the end 😁

There’s a centre called Waggietails in Bournemouth. Occasionally they get piggies. Hang on in there. You may have a wait to find somewhere but there will be a piggie girl who will come your way and it will be worth it in the end 😁
Just phoned up Waggietails and they pass all their guinea pigs onto the Rescue that I have already contacted who don't have a single sow atm.

What about Little Wheekers in Bristol, I think that’s the only one in the South West on the recommended list? they where quite helpful when I was looking for a Male piggie for Ted. A very nice lady!
Have a look at their Facebook site

I presume you've already tried Wheak & Squeak?

I can only wish you lots of luck, and hope that you don't have to wait so long for a friend for the lovely Christian as I did getting a friend for Squeaks 🤞🙏💕

I recommend Wheak and Squeak too. A little way from Dorset but not too bad. She is not taking on rehoming to new people just yet, but I think that will change soon. She regularly has all sorts in and sometimes single sows. I adopted a lovely single girl from her last year. I know she has a backlog too currently. She sometimes has trio's that she is ok to split as well (depending on how tight the group is). Worth speaking to her.

Good luck!

Back