anyone online help me please this is urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolaa

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As for those who do not already know i have two female guinea pigs and i want to get them a friend or two.
I have the woman from the rescue coming round tomorrow with four other girls, will i get a rough idea from their date if they will get along?
Also what should i expect when i add another piggy to madison and matildas relationship. One of the girls coming is their mother will they get along straight away or will they need to be bonded?

Cgilchrist

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hiya not expert on girls but there will be a bit of hiarachy re jig normally so rumbles etc but if they hate each other you should know straight away good luck! :)

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Please remember when adding to your piggies, you are also adding to your vetbills.

I know nothing really about adding to girls, as I have one girl with a boar (Obviously the boars or females) have been spayed/neutered to prevent babies.

I imagine as the above poster says hiarachy will be affected. Are you new too pigs, and is your cage big enough for more pigs?

As for the sows getting along with there mother that is not guaranteed and yes they will have to be bonded.

piggyme234

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You will need a good sized box or cage base for them to meet in. I tried once with three pigs in a box that was 2x2ft and it was too small. The girls were cramped and scared of eachother and Kizzy ended up with a bitten lip. Once they were separated then reintroduced in the bigger cage base they had a few scuffles but are all fine now. A fight doesn't mean they will never get on but some pigs will just fit right in as if they were always there.

Good luck :)

Lolaa

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a lot of savings and a job and I am in a good position to take on some more. I will be taking some on as fosters too!
I have a 5ft by 4ft indoor run will this be big enough, I have bonded two very difficult rabbits before and I will be having help to bond them tomorrow. I know most people just put their pigs in the hutch/cage and let them sort themselves out but I don't want to do it this way I would rather bond them somewhere neutral, the girls have previously got along with two of the girls she is bringing tomorrow so there is some hope there :)
Also I would never take on an animal that I couldn't properly look after vets bills wise, I have dental buns that need regular check ups and dentals and I have a great vet.

x-vic-x

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's so different to bonding bunnies, I always do it almost opposite to how I do the bunnies.

Only similarities is it should be done on neutral ground.

Piggies are usually much simpler, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Fudge and Rainbow :)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Firstly, great to hear you may be getting more piggies! x) They are addictive aren't they? :p

When it comes to bonding...well my Fudge and Rainbow lived together all their lives, since they were born and passed to the bridge together. My friend who lived across the road had 2 female piggies and they would go around to play sometimes and just got along great. :)

Then, when I got Petal, I looked after her, her sister, mum, another baby and her mum for a week whilst my friend was on holiday, so I had 7 females together and there was no scrapping at all. :(|) My friend came to pick up her pigs and Petal stayed with my 2. :) Fudge and Rainbow were such gentle little characters, there was no problem at all. x) I have just found that girls are easy and bond straight away but if they didn't get along, I'm sure you would tell! ;)

Lolaa

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks emma! I was waiting for you to come online tonight but you didn't so I had to ask on here instead :) I might be taking in four piggies tomorrow or just one :)) I'm taking in two of them as fosters if bonding doesn't work though :)) these girls are pretty soft and loving they get a little grumpy at times if they are separated though :)

piggyme234

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The run sounds great. I really hope you find some friends for your girls.

Reaction score
Hi, I've got 6 girls all in together.
We started with 2 sows (Daisy & Willow) from the same place who lived happily together in a hutch for 4mths then we added a baby texel sow (Peppa) who willow took to straight away but Daisy didn't seem to like her, a week later we added a baby coronet (Lottie) who willow didn't really like but Daisy did (so it kinda evened things out) within a month I got a poorly piggie (Shy) from a garden centre and kept her inside on her own but she seemed really lonely so when she recovered we got her a cage mate from a rescue centre a teddy sow called Betty (they didn't get on straight away either) after a couple of weeks of daily bonding sessions in an indoor run with all 6 of them I finally put them 2 in with the 4 other girls in the shed and the only problem we had was that Shy and Willow didn't really get on, after a few days of teeth chattering and shoving each other they were all ok.
They have a pecking order and I'm guessing Willow is the gaffa even though Shy is the older sow.

Claire W

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I have successfully bonded 4 piggies now and each time was different. Eliza lost her hutch mate so I got her a friend. The only problem there was that Eliza bit Eleanor's ear but they soon got on. A year later, I added Erin to the group. Eleanor wasn't sure about Erin at first but she soon excepted her within a couple of hours in the bath tub. I felt however that Erin was sometimes left out as Eliza and Ellie were a well established bonded pair. I then introduced Ena who was excepted by all 3 girls straight away. They now get on well as 2 pairs and a foursome and none of them are left out :)

Lolaa

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
thanks for all of your help, i ended up with 4 guinea pigs today madison and matilda are doing great with them, seeing and hearing 6 is strange though:(|)

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
some sows if they are bonded do not always take well to new guineas sow or neutered boar, it depends on them really.

they will need bonding on neuteral ground and i wouldnt leave them all together over night until you are 100% happy they are all happy together x

Status
Not open for further replies.