• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Anyone tried Lysium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I've not heard of this before but it would be fantastic if it works. Try asking on Guinea Lynx as well.

A couple of reports on guinea lynx have used actigall (or destolit in this country) that have dissolved stones with some success; provided the stones are carbonate and not oxalate.
(Although the old vet books say stones are usually oxalate, a recent research survey in the US where many piggie owners sent in stones that had been surgically removed for further analysis, showed that most in fact are carbonate)

You would need to get your vet to agree to write a prescription for this....and I suggest you search on actigall on guinea lynx forum and print out the posts and take to your vet.

x

i would be very intrested t know to, fr my bladder stone rabbit...

i have heard uriflow is good for stones but can only be brought from USA think i still have some in after somene off here posted me some will see how i go with them and let you know if they are goodxxx

Hi!
I took am looking into purchasing some Lysium as an alternative to Uriflow for price and quickness of delivery. Did you end up getting any Claire?
Has anyone since your post tried some?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back