• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Anyone With The Ferplast Plaza 140

Rosierum

Adult Guinea Pig
Does anyone on here have the Ferplast Plaza 140 cage (or the 160 as I believe its just longer)? I am looking at changing my boys into this cage but can't find photos of it set up for piggies with hideys and stuff. Looking to visualise the size of it compared to their current set up as you can't see big cages in brick and mortar shops. At £60 it seems a great price for a 140cm cage.

Hoping you guys can help.

4pigs&counting

Junior Guinea Pig
Hi @Rosierum - I have 3 of the 160's and really like them (two for pigges and one for the bunnies) - especially handy recently when I needed to separate a poorly piggy - I used the divider to put him in the '40' section while his cage mate stayed in the 120 section - here are a couple of pics. plaza1601.jpg plaza1602.jpg

RosieMaia

Forum Donator 2017/18
I have a Plaza 160 - it's the "travel cage" for us, i.e. we use it when we're on vacation and need a smaller cage to carry with us.

I purchased an extra house, so now we have two houses on each end of the cage. I find this very practical, because we can then have two food bowls on top of each house, which leaves plenty of space in the middle for running around. I usually put a couple of log bridges in the middle, so they can nap there. I also like the external hay racks, they're very practical.

20180128_114356.jpg

20180128_114348.jpg

RosieMaia

Forum Donator 2017/18
@4pigs&counting, your setup looks amazing!

I have a question about the plaza cages. Is it possible to join two cages?

Last year, I had three pigs and the cage was big enough for them. Now that I have 4, I think it may be too cramped. I was thinking of buying an additional extension for them, but I don't know if it's possible to attach it...

4pigs&counting

Junior Guinea Pig
I would think that it would be possible to join two cages as all of the sides are collapsible/ removable - if you removed the end panel on each and then fixed it together with tie wraps or similar I'm sure it would work...you could attach the platform where the cages meet to create a bridge between the two. My only tip would be that you do need a pair of extra hands if you are manoeuvering these cages as the sides do tend to swing around and have a mind of their own until they are fixed in place! :)

EDIT: just had a quick look at them again - it would definitely be possible to join, but you would probably need to rig up some sort of support at the join as the roof span would probably be a bit too big :)

RosieMaia

Forum Donator 2017/18
Thanks! I suppose cable ties would do to fix the gap in the "roof".

I'm not sure we'll be needing an extension this year, as the fourth pig is still a baby and prefers to sleep cuddled up to one of the adults, plus we only need it for a week while in Greece. But next year we'll have 4 fully grown pigs, so I better be prepared.

Beemz

Junior Guinea Pig
You can also view it on the Zooplus website then click on “customer photos”
I do that with everything I buy from there to get an idea of size, colour etc

LucyPosyPigs

Junior Guinea Pig
This is the cage that I really really want for my own two piggies. They’re currently in a ferplast 120 double rabbit cage. Thankfully they use the ramp but I still keep looking at this cage
Something to consider - I think the Ferplast 140 only opens from the side & has no opening on the top... If this is important, then it may be an issue.

andy50027

Junior Guinea Pig
Especially when you don’t have Go Go Gadget Arms!
My 160 is a pain to catch the buggers cos of the length of it.
But they love it so chasing them around for an extra few seconds isn’t a biggie.

Yeah that's right, only opens from side, it's a right pain when trying to get pigs out x

Pixie1980

Junior Guinea Pig
Hi
I'm new here and looking at the 160 ferplast. Does it have a wide top opening? X

Skypipdot

Adult Guinea Pig
Does anyone on here have the Ferplast Plaza 140 cage (or the 160 as I believe its just longer)? I am looking at changing my boys into this cage but can't find photos of it set up for piggies with hideys and stuff. Looking to visualise the size of it compared to their current set up as you can't see big cages in brick and mortar shops. At £60 it seems a great price for a 140cm cage.

Hoping you guys can .