• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Apple branches

Bendijim

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi All, I we have been kindly gifted some apple branches for out Guineas to gnaw on but I'm unsure if I need to prep them in any way first?

Branches have been lopped off today but do have some white lichen on areas, and does this need to be removed?

Thanks in advance

Hi
I give my lot apple,pear,birch and willow branches chopped up into several inches long, they love gnawing off the bark, l don't wash or treat them if they are fresh off the tree l don't pick them off the ground. when l get agood surplus of fresh branches, l let them dry out naturally, and store them in cardboard boxes .piggies love them, the lichen my piggies eat.

Hi All, I we have been kindly gifted some apple branches for out Guineas to gnaw on but I'm unsure if I need to prep them in any way first?

Branches have been lopped off today but do have some white lichen on areas, and does this need to be removed?

Thanks in advance
Just make 100% certain that the branches come from trees that have not been treated with pesticides or chemicals too.
Even if it was a while ago I would never risk feeding branches from treated trees.

Back