• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Are Buttercup Stem And Leaves Also Poisonous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New pig mum

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My husband says he can't rid the lawn of buttercups so I have stopped my boys having time outside in the run, they do come in each evening in the house but would like to allow them onto the garden.
  • Can anyone advise if all the buttercup is poisonous to them as thee are no flowers now visible
  • If all parts are poisonous, whats the best way to eradicate them?

Bumping this thread.

I think all parts of the buttercup plant are poisonous.

I am not sure the best way to eradicate them from lawns .

I have a weed free lawn , I use verdone lawn weed spray late spring ,carefully sprayed with the directional spray on the weed leaves only not on the grass , I do this once a year only , and give the weeds a few days to grow before hand and leave them for a week to kill them properly. Then I use the liquid concentrated once a year diluted as instructions all over , usually in the early summer when the grass is good and the weeds get a good growth . Bear in mind there are rules for grazing animals after using pesticide , I am not sure how long you leave it , or you could go organic and manually weed the lawn , sounds labourious but effective if you get the roots out.
I don't put my guinea pigs out as my lawn is at the front of the house , so I don't really think about the products I use , also I live in the countryside and worried foxes might urinate or cats on the grass , I wouldn't want them Eating that, but a lawn is in progress at the back and I probably would have an organic area for them where I weed by hand , and treat the rest of the lawn as I normally do , maybe that's an idea:D

Yes you should wait a few months between treating with weed killers before animals are introduced to the lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back