• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Are guinea pigs loud if they are in a bedroom?

MyLilPigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have my guinea pigs outside, but I am thinking about bringing them indoors - but if I did bring them indoors it would have to be in my bedroom. I am not sure if this would be loud in the night? Thanks!

You would hear them going about their piggy business - running about etc - but you may get used to it. If you are a light sleeper than you’re possibly going to find it distracting having them in, but each person is different so everybody’s experience is going to be different.

Depends on the pigs to be honest. Yes they will be awake for stints at night and running around, eating and drinking but some piggies are much more vocal than others. I had a very loud vocal piggy previously and they had their own bedroom next to mine and I could hear her chatting and squeaking away through the wall, I'm generally a heavy sleeper though so it didn't keep me awake

Thanks! The only time they squeal loudly is if I come to see them with veggies or pea flakes!

My piggies are in my room, I don’t mind them. They will occasionally squeak, run about, growl and do piggy things, but I love listening to them!

If they are loud you kind of just get used to it, at least I did. Mine run around and I hear rumbling while falling asleep but that’s all. If I get up to go to the bathroom Bruno gets excited and starts wheeking at the bars :) hasn’t woken my fiancé up yet either

My last pair were noisy enough that I always knew exactly when they decided to have a party. But having slept through my neighbour causing WW3 every night for 3 years, they were very quiet in comparison. It got to the point it was harder to sleep when I couldn't hear them in the background.

My last pair were noisy enough that I always knew exactly when they decided to have a party. But having slept through my neighbour causing WW3 every night for 3 years, they were very quiet in comparison. It got to the point it was harder to sleep when I couldn't hear them in the background.

I agree with it being harder to sleep without them in the background

Mine are in my bedroom, and they aren't so loud, it's the water bottle, lol! I've gotten used to it, being a super deep sleeper. With Sween rumblestrutting, Willow snacking on the water bottle, it makes for quite an interesting background noise!

My piggies are in the living room, which is just beside our bedroom (we live in a small bungalow house) and we don't close our door. My hubby is a light sleeper and the piggies only manage to wake him up when we had a piggy who chirps a lot in the middle of the night (not all piggies chirp though so not really going to be so much of a problem). Me always waking him up at night (I sleep late due to reading books 😁 and I know our piggies don't make so much noise at night) is a different problem for him though. 😂😂

Back