• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Are My Piggies Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy&Pudsey

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Are my piggies okay?

My two sows are called Poppy who is a year and Pudsey who is about 10 weeks.

Iv noticed this week, one of the pigs is leaving smooth creamy discharge on the fleece. I'm thinking it's the younger one Pudsey. Iv checked her pee when she done it on my floor and it's very creamy colour. She is eating and drinking okay. She is alert and no change in behaviour.

Iv noticed there seems to be more pee as well. More than usual. Any ideas.

They are calcium pees and nothing to worry about. it is the normal way to get rid of any excess calcium. You may want to cut down a little bit on high calcium foods like kale and other cabbages, spinach or broccoli and filter the water if you are living in a hard water area if you have those pees often.

PS: I have moved the thread to the health/illness section.

Thanks for the reply. Was starting to panic. Just love my wee piggies. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back