• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

are these mites?!?!

shaysbeautifulboys

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
someone please tell me if you think these are mites ?

Attachments

• C66A13EB-66D4-4ED7-AFE9-B0F0E14BD424.jpeg
    C66A13EB-66D4-4ED7-AFE9-B0F0E14BD424.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 45
It’s best you get piggy to a vet for a check.

I’m sure they will be fine. Gnats aren’t attracted by piggies so do try not to worry.

Be careful about cleaning too much.
i don’t know if this is helpful but before i gave him a bath he didn’t have any black spots on him however they have mysteriously popped up out of nowhere when he got dry?

Cleaning too much can cause boars to smell more as it will make them mark their territory more
Only bathe them if you absolutely have to - is dirty grease gland, bottom or a medical need - bathing too often isnt good for their skin

Take them to the vet for a check. For hay/fur mites, you only see egg casings which are usually around the back end of the piggy, like flecks of pepper
New guinea pigs: Sexing, vet checks&customer rights, URI, ringworm and parasites

Back