• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Are these safe?

5StarPigs

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I plan on ordering these for the pigs next month after my birthday. Thats not all i am ordering but these are the only things i am concerned about. Just wanted to know if they are safe.

Attachments

• F6FE16F3-6B9E-4FD3-8F4D-2AE69344E222.png
    F6FE16F3-6B9E-4FD3-8F4D-2AE69344E222.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 06E9B449-E66D-43BC-ACBF-2FBCCAF31D70.png
    06E9B449-E66D-43BC-ACBF-2FBCCAF31D70.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 33
The left one looks like junk to be honest.

The right hand one looks ok. I dont think kaytee have a very good rep for selling suitable things.

A cardboard box, or a brown paper bag is free and will entertain pigs for hours😆 The money you save could go in the vet fund

Yea was a little worried about the dyes used on the carrot toy.
The left one looks like junk to be honest.

The right hand one looks ok. I dont think kaytee have a very good rep for selling suitable things.

A cardboard box, or a brown paper bag is free and will entertain pigs for hours😆 The money you save could go in the vet fund

Yea was a little worried about the dyes used on the carrot toy.
Yea me too, and whatever that is inside the carrot shape. Try hanging a toilet roll tube from the ceiling of your cage( if you have a ceiling) and stuff it with hay. This is a big hit with my pigs.

Pet toy company's seem to use the trick of making things look attractive to us in order to sell them. Which is a really good but crafty business tactic.

Gonna replace the orange toy with this oxbow toy. Have tried this for Alfie before and he loved it and i trust the oxbow brand. And yes always have vet fund money saved.

Attachments

• EDCEC007-D9A1-4435-AE9D-F21FDA94E5C0.png
    EDCEC007-D9A1-4435-AE9D-F21FDA94E5C0.png
    227.8 KB · Views: 27
Most colored chews claim to use vegtable dyes but i still dont trust most colored chews for pigs or
Yea me too, and whatever that is inside the carrot shape. Try hanging a toilet roll tube from the ceiling of your cage( if you have a ceiling) and stuff it with hay. This is a big hit with my pigs.

Pet toy company's seem to use the trick of making things look attractive to us in order to sell them. Which is a really good but crafty business tactic.
any small pet

Just with anything that hangs. Make sure they cant get their heads stuck and hang from it. Or their teeth stuck aswell. I make sure they can still touch the ground with their front feet

Carrot cottage is a big hit in our house - and a good old cardboard box or a large paper brown bag! You don't need to spend a lot to keep them entertained.

Just to add a suggestion, my guinea pigs have never touched any chews I buy them apart from anything made from willow. In the range they sell willlow sticks and a willow ball, they’re not as keen on the sticks (but will still chew them eventually lol) but the ball is demolished in less than a day :D so if you find anything willow I’d suggest going for it, I’m pretty sure they’ve started selling willow chews in pets at home now however when I first found the ones at the range they will the only ones I could find!

Last time i went wilko for the medium sized carrot cottage. They were put in the til as the tiny ones by mistake. So got 2 for £6 😉 i didnt realise, sorry 😐😜

Back