• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Arguing Over Loft Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a 2x1 loft and 2 sows. They usually both lie up the top beside each other but recently Daisy has been rumbling a bit at Maple. Tonight when they were both up in the loft there was a bit of squeaking coming from both of them and I think Maple is squirting Daisy with pee maybe as she often jumps back. Yesterday morning Daisy would not come down the ramp for her veg even though she was excited for them. I thought it was maybe due to the paper chains I put up so I took them down. Now I'm wondering if it's due to the fact she doesn't want to give up 'her' loft space.

What do you guys think? Anyone else's piggies squabble over the loft?

It rather sounds like the girls are coming into season or one of them is a bit hormonal at the moment. That is usually at the bottom of dominance disputes between well bonded sows.

It rather sounds like the girls are coming into season or one of them is a bit hormonal at the moment. That is usually at the bottom of dominance disputes between well bonded sows.
Yeh I am thinking Daisy is a bit hormonal as she has been rumbling on and off at Maple for around a week now! I hope it's nothing serious :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back