• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Arties hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ohhh noes :(

My baby is bleeding and his mum is all the way with his daddy visiting in laws! :(

My dads just phoned to say when he went to put Artie back in the shed he jumped out of his hands and ran under the nettle bush and into next doors garden! At what point he stuffed himself under the shed (in next doors garden) dad managed to get him out by putting the tube under the shed, hes out safe but his toe was bleeding so I'm going back home to check on the little fella.

I feel terrible, Arties fine with me trusts me and happily will be picked up but is soo wary of other people i knew i should of been training him to be comfortable around others!

Will update you all in two hours, lol I'm walking home...it takes an hour to get there! xxxxx

Poor Artie. He's probably a bit frightened after his escapade. Thank goodness he's back safely. Must have been a shock for your dad too. Hope his toe is just a scrape and will be sorted by some mummy love when you get back. x

Poor Artie - piggies tend to freak out when something like this happens. Make sure that the toe stops bleeding and disinfect if necessary.

He will probably feel rather sorry for himself tomorrow, but should be OK again afterwards.

Oh no...poor Artie....hope all is ok.

LOL - I am imagining you running through the streets in your slippers now!

I'm back with the boys, i've put them in their indoor cage tonight, i have the window wide open and no heating on so it should have too much of a temp difference.

My mum is a star! She is covered head to foot in nettle stings as when he escaped mum didnt have any shoes or socks on! Poor mum! Anywhoos, shes bathed arties foot in diluted antiseptic, and wrapped him up in a warm towel and placed him and Harvey in a dark box so he felt safe.

He looks bright, eating well in his cage and noisey as ever! But his nail is hanging off :S I'm taking him to the vet first thing in the morning. This is his toe on the left:
Poorlyboy.jpg

Still walking fine though and currently chewing on hay:
Artieallpoorlyxxx.jpg

I on the other hand is a nervous wreck lol!

Looks like you got it worse - Artie simply went on instinct takeover. But him coming out all by himself is actually a very good sign. I am glad that he recovering well. The toe will grow out.

My sympathies for your poor mum - I think you owe her something! ;)

Poor Artie, look at that little face! Such a cutie x) mind you, he's a little devil for causing your family so much trouble...hehe! He probably isn't even phased by his toe, typical boy!

Looks like you got it worse - Artie simply went on instinct takeover. But him coming out all by himself is actually a very good sign. I am glad that he recovering well. The toe will grow out.

My sympathies for your poor mum - I think you owe her something! ;)

Thank you for your words of wisdom! I'm glad it'll grow out poor baby. x Ive given him his fav. veggies tonight...carrot!

Haha yeah...I'm getting her a foot pamper kit tomorrow...as her feet have swollen soo much all in the name of artie...i also owe the neighbours something too....lol!

:))
Poor Artie, look at that little face! Such a cutie x) mind you, he's a little devil for causing your family so much trouble...hehe! He probably isn't even phased by his toe, typical boy!

Thats the second time he's escaped and headed straight to the nettles...I'm going to dig them out this summer lol! Aye typical boy...tut tut! Harvey is so laid back compared to Artie boy!

Aww poor Artie! Silly billy he is. The nail will grow back, might just be a bit squint. Patch ripped his nail off and the nail grew back but it's a bit squint and curved. Didn't bother him at all.

Your poor mum, nettle stings are horrible but bless her for doing that for Artie!

Hope they are both better soon.

Aww what a painc! I worry so much transfering piggys from hutch to run to house for cuddles etc etc! I don't let my bf help as I don't trust him to hold securely enough! Hahaha.

He also has to eat over a bin and hold his drink with both hands! Lol, just kidding! :))

Oh poor Artie, and your poor Mum too. Naughty boy for worrying you like that.

Awwwww THANK YOU all for your kind words of wisodom, advice and support! Artie is back to his old self today...upto no good as usual and popcorning away!

Aww what a painc! I worry so much transfering piggys from hutch to run to house for cuddles etc etc! I don't let my bf help as I don't trust him to hold securely enough! Hahaha.

He also has to eat over a bin and hold his drink with both hands! Lol, just kidding! :))

I know, Artie and Harvs are fine with me they just not too keen on people they dont know well. Esp people who are nervous handling them silly boys!

Hahahaha! I have to do the same with my OH.....:p-c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back