as one new piggie comes to live with us.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bramble

well yesterday i picked up the fab mable (silver fox piggie) shes a stunner....... but today i lost peggysu my dutch augoti :'( she was absoulty fine & my vet said she was expecting babies in about 3 weeks ! she was fine yesterday, but as i was doing the hutches today i noticed she was lead very still & listiist, called the vet but she died 15 min later, he could find nothing wrong she was a fat happy little piggie :'( :'( & we will miss her so much ....

run free with boris sweet baby girl....
i rescued peggy su at easter she was 18 months old

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
bramble said:
well yesterday i picked up the fab mable (silver fox piggie) shes a stunner....... but today i lost peggysu my dutch augoti :'( she was absoulty fine & my vet said she was expecting babies in about 3 weeks ! she was fine yesterday, but as i was doing the hutches today i noticed she was lead very still & listiist, called the vet but she died 15 min later, he could find nothing wrong she was a fat happy little piggie :'( :'( & we will miss her so much ....

run free with boris sweet baby girl....
i rescued peggy su at easter she was 18 months old
Aww Alex, so sorry for your loss :(
N.nite peggy su

Niki x

linda.b

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It is sad to hear of anyone losing an animal. However the very same thought crossed my mind as cavykind.It seems a bit contradictory to rescue a pig that has probably been under a lot of stress, to then subject it to pregnancy. What of the babies? Where would they have ended up? Or do you keep all of them. If so, would it not be better to have the room to rescue more animals in need, instead of more babies. My thoughts only.

B

bramble

peggy su was rescued at easter with 4 other piggies, i was told the male was neuterd , and no i didnt check which was my fault, but she has only just got pregnate , it was a vets routine check that we descovered that , they forsaw no prob as she was extremly fit & it was then we found out that he wasnt snipped, he has now been removed & snipped and none of the other girls are pregnate. i would & do keep ALL babies from piggies that come in pregnate, & normally only take males if there done or if i have room to keep them seperate, this lady nagged me to take them & swore blind he had been done, guess next time i'll ask for the vet bill as proof, or people can go the local rescue who doesnt feed them veg or hay :-\ i do not breed rescued piggies... but i guess no ones ever made a mistake?
oh to be that perfect, not that i dont feel cr** enough to have lost my specail girl >:(

linda.b

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My apologies bramble. Most people reading your original post would have jumped to the same conclusion, that you had deliberately bred your rescue. I think this shows that when posting, it would be better if everyone explained the situation fully so there can be no room for suspicion. Thanks for explaining the situation and once again I am sorry I got the wrong end of the stick.

michellemuffin

Reaction score
aw I am so sorry Bramble you lost your little girl I am thinking of you, as long as you were keeping your babies its entirely your decision, as I have said so many times before we all have different ways and we choose what to do in life they are our piggys and as long as they are fit and well fine but not everyones life is as straightforward as each others so maybe a bit of compassion here would be nice, she not only lost her girl but the babies as well, :'(

L

lainey

Hi Bramble
You must be devastated by your loss - I have a pregnant sow here who came to the rescue pregnant and although she has only been here 5 weeks or so if anything happened I would too be so very very sad
My thoughts are truly with you - run free little one

Lainey

C

cavykind

Apologies for reacting so angrily but I get sick and tired of people breeding from rescues. Everyone needs to be very careful about placing supposedly neutered boars in with sows. Unless it's a good rescue who has told you this, please everyone have your vet check it out if you aren't confident to do it yourself.

Rip poorl ittle piggy.

Barbara

B

bramble

tx guys , I'm still really gutted :'( we have a really bad local rescue & the rspca dont really take in many fluffs, it was after seeing how one of the other rescue keept there piggies (no veg) that i began to rescue, part of the reaction was down to me not explaing very well I'm new on this site & you just presume everyone know all about you :-[
ito be honest i cant see much diffence in appearance in neutered & un neutered boars , its not like dogs ! :) i'll have to look more closely or take straight to the vets if I'm unsure ! dont want to everr go thro this pain again.
ive had a lot of people not belive how tame all my piggies, buns & chinns are after a few weeks with me, i find an emmense pride in winning there trust after being shut in dindgy hutches for months on end , they love the freedom & attention they get , & they way myself & my kids chat to them all each morning, i swear they know what were saying !
peggy su was very nervy & jumpy when she came here, huddeled with her hutch mates,never picked up or stroked & when i let them have the run of the shed each day they use to just huddle near the bale of hay , to watch them gradualy run & popcorn about & her nicking the bunnys hay out of there hutches & delevoping into a right little diva , was a pure pleasure :'( will really miss her, & the babies who never made it but would have been loved & spoilt & boris my abby boar who died 7 weeks ago ( he was 5 with a dodgy bum) :'( :'( but i know they enjoyed there time here & are free to run in the big hutch in the sky......... 0:)

B

Beaney

Sorry to hear your news. Sometimes these things just happen with no warning. Hugs to you!
RIP little one.

Sabrina
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.