• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Aubiose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone use Aubiose as their piggies bedding, it is made of 100% natural hemp, i brought a bale today, it is 20kg and looks ok, i've never used it before, wondered what everyones views were on it, if you use it or have used it, how did you find, was it worth the money £10 all but few pence, how absorbant did you think it was ect ect, it is unopened at mo will be using it at weekend. thanks

Hi Tracie, I have used aubiose in the past, currently using megazorb.

I found aubiose to be good value for money and the large bale lasts ages.:) If I couldn't get megazorb I would have continued to use it as I found it very good, it forms clumps where the piggies wee etc. so you can do spot cleans. The only downside for me was the weight of it! My gang are housed upstairs and I really struggled to lug it about, but that's probably because I'm a weed!:)) Individual strands do feel a bit sharp, but once it is spread around the bottom of the cage it's fine - also keep an eye out if you have boys that it doesn't get stuck up their bits!

Let us know what you think of it.

Hi, yes i will let you know how piggies and i get on with it thanks, and yes it is heavy i stuggled to get it out of the car lol, i heard it forms clumps so good for daily spot clean, and will do daily check on boars bits too, thanks will keep you updated.

Have used it in the past but now use Duobed which I think is softer and more absorbant an d a bit cheaper,but Aubiose is fine . I wasnt too keen on the smell though,not unpleasant but a bit chemically.

I used to use it and I really liked it and now I use Megazorb as its easier to get

I have just started using it for my piggies and putting it in the buns litter trays.
I think it is so much better than wood chip it's more absorbent and therefore less smelly when they wee. As I said though it's only been a week but so far so good.:)

I use it for my two cages, it never smells bad and I pick it up when I buy stuff for my pony, the piggles seem more than happy to lie in it so it must be comfy enough. I'd use it for my pony, but he eats it... silly boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back