Average Weekly Weight Gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I weighed the boys today, the H's & The W's have remained the same as last week.
Angus now weighs 1lb 1oz (gained 2oz)
Fergus now weighs 1lb 2oz (gained 3oz)
Is this an average weight gain for a week or does it not matter as long as they are gaining and not losing weight?

Reaction score
seems fine. If you have a look in health section you will see a weighing thread where some people post their piggies' weights. :)

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
kellyandpiggies said:
seems fine. If you have a look in health section you will see a weighing thread where some people post their piggies' weights. :)
Thanks Kelly, i'll go have a look :)

Reaction score
Its weight loss i would mainly worry about Nikki, anything around 2oz is suspicious! Weight gain wise as long as the piggy is not obese a stready gain is fine I think. Most of mine remain fairly constant now they have been here a while. Angus and furgus are doing great then... BUngle was 2 months old on Friday and only weighed in at 10 and a quarter oz! (289g).

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Barmy4boars said:
Its weight loss i would mainly worry about Nikki, anything around 2oz is suspicious! Weight gain wise as long as the piggy is not obese a stready gain is fine I think. Most of mine remain fairly constant now they have been here a while. Angus and furgus are doing great then... BUngle was 2 months old on Friday and only weighed in at 10 and a quarter oz! (289g).
Bless him!
I don't know what Wendi was feeding these 2 but they have HUGE appetites ;D They wheek when they hear ANYTHING rustle which then sets the rest off, it's so funny - i have a choir of piggies ;D ;D

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's not just those two Niki - its all Thistle piggies!

All of mine from Thistle have very loud voices and very very greedy tummies!

linda.b

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
On the day I got my boy named Chibby he weighed 268gms, bless. 4 weeks later he now weighs 387gms.

Status
Not open for further replies.