• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Baby Boar Fallout? I Am Curious

SunshinePiggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I saw on an Instagram Story of 2 Baby Boars named Baby Dapper and Baby Donut anyway her Guinea Pigs started fighting after she walked by with a Female Guinea PIg. It only 2 seconds to start a fight anyway Donut started attacking Dapper and he squealed in pain as Donut terrorized him. Dapper flipped and his tiny paw got caught in a Cage Bar and he started squealing. The sad thing is that Donut kept humping him as he squealed. Is this just a freak accident or normal was it the Female's fault? Someone answer me this is making me curious

I saw on an Instagram Story of 2 Baby Boars named Baby Dapper and Baby Donut anyway her Guinea Pigs started fighting after she walked by with a Female Guinea PIg. It only 2 seconds to start a fight anyway Donut started attacking Dapper and he squealed in pain as Donut terrorized him. Dapper flipped and his tiny paw got caught in a Cage Bar and he started squealing. The sad thing is that Donut kept humping him as he squealed. Is this just a freak accident or normal was it the Female's fault

Getting the paw stuck was a freak accident. Walking by with a sow (which may have been in season) was definitely a big NO NO - sow pheromones can cause boars to go bonkers, fight and fall out.

If you have boar only pairs in the same household as sows, you always need to keep them well out of reach of sow pheromones, ideally in another room, across the room, above your sows or at least with a large opaque divider that is wider and higher than the sow cage for that reason.

It can work if you have baby boars that grow up close by to sows (but you will have to be prepared that they still go off and may need to be moved when they hit the teenage months), but it will never work if you introduce boar pairs into a sow household or unspayed sows into boars only household.

Getting the paw stuck was a freak accident. Walking by with a sow (which may have been in season) was definitely a big NO NO - sow pheromones can cause boars to go bonkers, fight and fall out.

If you have boar only pairs in the same household as sows, you always need to keep them well out of reach of sow pheromones, ideally in another room, across the room, above your sows or at least with a large opaque divider that is wider and higher than the sow cage for that reason.

It can work if you have baby boars that grow up next to sows (but you will have to be prepared that they still go off and may need to be moved when they hit the teenage months), but it will never work if you introduce boar pairs into a sow household or unspayed sows into boars only household.

Thank You I wanted to ask because it sounded like a bad accident and I wanted to ask if anyone knew the reason why her Guinea Pigs argued

Thank You I wanted to ask because it sounded like a bad accident and I wanted to ask if anyone knew the reason why her Guinea Pigs argued

The arguing was no accident, unfortunately! it doesn't take much to overset boars once their testicles start descending as their bodies are pumped full of testosterone until they reach their hormonally more settled adulthood.
Here are details about boar puberty: Boars: Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?

My Sow should be getting her partner in near future I am waiting for the rescues to get a wave of piggys

Poor piggy getting his paw caught. After uni one of my flat mates brought a second rabbit home that managed to jump and get it's paw caught in the top of the cage. The shrieking was horrendous, still traumatises me now... You have never heard such noises from a living creature before

Poor piggy getting his paw caught. After uni one of my flat mates brought a second rabbit home that managed to jump and get it's paw caught in the top of the cage. The shrieking was horrendous, still traumatises me now... You have never heard such noises from a living creature before

Awww poor bunny

Awww poor bunny

Ah was alright. It happened the second I walked in home and I was the only one home so at least I could run through and free her though she was frantically trying to bite me (obviously terrified). Looking back though I bet those cages were only 100cm or 120cm at most, far too small for shutting a bun away in but I wouldn't have had a clue about that back then

Back